13

Thank you @TashasRose for the idea for this chapter.

Taylor's POV

Today was the day of Travis's game and I was bouncing off the wall with nervous energy, the had to stay at a hotel with the team but he let me stay at his house. He was really chill about me being at his house unsupervised, it took Joe about 2 years before he let me be alone in his house, even then he would yell at me if he found out I had even opened a drawer looking for a phone charger. But before he left he gave me a kiss and told me to be as nosy as I wanted. It was a small thing but I appreciated it.

I slept soundly in his old T-shirt and woke up excited in the morning, but as the day progressed I became more worried about what people will say when they see me and a pit opened in my stomach. Travis actually came back to his house around 9, when he saw me he picked me up and spun me around "Hi pretty girl, how did you sleep?" He had such a big smile on his face and I wrapped my arms around his neck and played with the short hairs on the base of his neck and kept out noses touching. "Good, what about you" He just smiled wider, "I could have slept better with you" I blushed and mumbled something under my breath, I don't even know what I said, but it made him laugh.He stayed with me for a while before he had to go to the venue, luckily we had good timing because just as he was leaving Donna pulled up to his house.

I loved Donna, she reminded me of my mom, she was nice and made me laugh. After Travis left I talked with Donna for a while, before we headed to the game. As we pulled up I felt nauseous, Donna seemed to sense my anxiety and gave  me a pat on the hand, "nervous Dear?", I smiled at her, "oh I'll be alright, just a few nerves" 

We walked inside and I was so grateful that Trav had bought me a chiefs windbreaker because without it I would definitely have pit stains that would make the cover of some stupid magazine. At that thought my stomach dropped yet again. We made it to the box none the less and Donna introduced me to Travis's friends. I was particularly liked Brittney, Patrick's wife, she was nice and as the game started she was super patient teaching me about what was happening. After a while I saw the jumbo tron show me, I jumped up and cheered as I heard the crowd go nuts but as I sat down next to Donna I felt my heart begin to beat in my ear and my chest started to tighten. I knew exactly what was happening, I pushed it down trying to ignore this feeling.

I made it through the first half of the game, Trav was doing awesome, I think, and that was the thing keeping me in my seat, his eyes kept glancing towards me and every time we would lock eyes I would blush and for a moment my anxiety would wane but it came back in a flash as I thought about the people who would criticize me and Trav, I had never felt this way about one person, I really couldn't have people tear him apart because he cared about me, I didn't want him to leave. I couldn't breathe, I quickly excused myself and ran to the bathroom, I just bent over the the sink trying to breathe. My mind was getting fuzzier, I wanted to go see him play, I loved how he smiled when he saw me looking back at him. I felt a hand on my back, I jumped back only to see Britney standing beside me, "Hey it's okay, one breath at a time." It was an obvious thing to say but I knew she was right. After a bit I began to calm down and I noticed Britney glancing at me, not judging me but seemingly compassionate. "Thank you", I looked at my feet, I was embarrassed I had had a meltdown in a bathroom and didn't want to know how little Brittney must think of me. At this moment all I wanted to do was find Trav and have him hug me and kiss me till I was okay again. 

Before we left Brittney gently held my hand, "I get if you don't want to talk about it, but, what happened?". I thought about not saying anything but she seemed sincere and I trusted her, "It is nothing out of the ordinary but every once in a while the scrutiny gets to me. I'm sorry I put all of this on you." She gave me a reassuring look "It's what friends are for." I smiled because I knew she meant it and we walked back into the box. Donna asked me if I was okay but I just smiled at her and came up with an excuse. 

The rest of the game went great, when Travis scored I jumped up without thinking and screamed. I talked with Brit and Donna till the game was over. Afterwards I was escorted to a training room to wait for Travis. I was staring at my blank phone too scared to open it when I saw the door open and he walked in. I ran to him and kissed him, he was my guy and now everyone would know. It was funny, all the anxiety I had just felt melting away as I realized I didn't care what the world thought as long as I was with him. We walked out of the field, I felt his hand tempted to grab mine but he let it swing beside mine. 

We drove away in a convertible, just him and I, he told jokes as we flew down the streets of this city he called home. I couldn't stop laughing as he told a variety of dad jokes one after the other. We pulled up to his house and he ran around the car to open the door and let me out. We walked inside and flopped on the couch, he was a bit tired from his game so we sat in silence but he had me wrapped in his arms and I was sitting comfortably in his lap. "So, a few of the guys are having an after party at a local bar, we rent it out for the night and just chill, would you like to go? No pressure or anything." I smiled and grinned at him, "Yah, I would love to, I got all my anxiety out at the game." I didn't think much of what I said in the moment but he tightened his grip on me and leaned his head on my neck. "What do you mean? Are you okay?"  I smiled just and look at me chewing my lip "I got a little stressed at  the game but Brit talked me down and I'm fine now."  He squeezed me tightly and kissed my cheek "Okay, as long as you're okay, but promise you'll tell me if this happens again, okay?" I kissed his hands "I promise" I intertwined our pinky's as he let watched me play with his hands. "So we on for tonight?" I grinned at him and rolled over so I was looking at him "Sounds great" I kissed him and he chuckled. 

I was a bit nervous to meet his friends, I knew they were like family to him so that was a whole other problem. We pulled up and my leg was bouncing, he placed his hand gently on said leg, "Are you okay?" He smiled at me and I leaned over to kiss him, "Just a few nerves, I know how much these guys mean to you" He smiled "They do mean a lot to me, but you mean more."  I blushed and we walked into the restaurant hand in hand. 

I drank a lot and really connected with Brittney and some of the other WAGs, wine always helps me open up. Travis drank as well but way less than me as to keep an eye on me. It was a great night,I spent half the night in his lap before we eventually had to leave because of the alcohol and grinding. And that night ended even better than it started.