🕷️14🕸

Mark furrowed his brows at the statement.

"Oh uh- what did Spiderman do to you? And what's the multiverse?" He asked, unconsciously wiping a drip of sweat crawling down his cheek. 

"Child, the multiverse is something so bizarre that even I have extremely limited knowledge of it." Klum said with a sigh, "But I know that the multiverse holds extreme power and it is slowly falling apart." 

"Wait, so the multiverse is a thing?"

"Of course, my dear child, did you not know?"

-

"Hey, Tony." 

Tony Stark nodded briefly at Mark before entering the lift, standing by Mark's side. "Urgent news?"

"Well, I have this friend of mine and he's exploring the multiverse and I have some questions about it"

"Go ahead," Tony said, staring down at his phone, "I'm listening."

"Is it true that the multiverse is falling apart? And what happens if it does?"

Tony looked at him in disbelief, "We die." he stated simply. 

"We have been doing some research on that," he pressed his thumb into the glass door which slid open, and beckoned Mark to follow him in. 

"I came to the conclusion that someone has been meddling with the multiverse, so that could explain why there's such a significant amount of cases involving weird phenomenons happening-"

"Do you think Glitch was created by the hole in the multiverses?"

Tony sat down at his desk, Mark pulling a chair to sit opposite his mentor as he continued his explanation. "I believe that may be true."

"But I swear its targeting me, it's only attacking me."

Flipping through pages of statistics, Tony nodded. 

"Maybe it's your DNA?" 

He then shook his head, disagreeing with his own statement. "I'll figure it out for you, come back next week after school." 

"Does Plutonium have anything to do with it?" Mark questioned, remembering the sinister vow Klum gave to destroy Spiderman. 

"Possibly."

-

Mark lay on his bed next to Cleo, stroking the tabby gently as he replayed Klum's words in his head. 

"What on earth is the multiverse dude." He turned to Cleo, who flipped on his back, asking for rubs.

"Do you know what the multiverse does, you little cutie, who's a little cutie~" 

Purring with satisfaction, Cleo allowed Mark to massage his stomach, his paws gently grabbing on to Mark's fingers.

"Let's call your mom." 

"Hey, what's up?"

Mark smiled at the sound of her voice, she was breathing heavily and he could hear the rustle of plastic bags as she stomped up stairs.

"Not much, we're just missing you." 

"OMG Cleo? Cleo baby!" 

Cleo meowed happily at the voice of his owner, kneading Mark's bedsheets with his tiny paws. 

"Give me a second, I need to get the groceries up the stairs. Can we Face Time later?" 

"Yea, bet."

Mark ended the call and picked up Cleo, "Let's go help your mom, lil fatty."

He grabbed his keys and tucked them in his pocket where his phone lay, Cleo following obedienty to the door. 

They walked down the stairs quickly and met up with Nora who was struggling to carry five bulky grocery bags on the third floor.

"Oh my, hey Mark, such a lifesaver, my back is gonna break." 

Mark smiled, "Hey dude, look who's here?"

He took all the bags from Nora, and Cleo sauntered out from behind his legs, flicking his tail happily as he saw Nora. 

"Oh, hey Cleo, I miss you so much baby." 

"Wow, I love how you just ignored me." Mark joked, pretending to be hurt as they walked up the stairs together.

Nora glared at him playfully, failing to supress a smile. "Wow, you're such a hero, saving my day, I couldn't walk another step with those bags!!" 

"Yea, I'm just that good. I'm Spiderman" Mark said proudly, making Nora scoff in amusement.

"Isn't Spiderman white?" Nora said, knowing it would send Mark ranting and stuttering. 

"Woah what hey...now that's racially motivated, why can't spiderman be asian looking?" 

"Cos he might not look as good?" Nora laughed, "Imagine falling in love with Spiderman and taking his mask off to kiss him but he's ugly as hell."

Mark rolled his eyes playfully as she unlocked her apartment door, "I'd say it's more about his perso-"

"Yea, but I mean ugly as hell."

She gave Mark a smile of gratitude as he dropped her bags on the kitchen counter, and let Cleo roam around her apartment as she placed each item into the fridge. 

"Well, what do you think Spiderman would look like if he was asian?" Mark asked before he could stop himself. He wanted to know. 

"Mmm," Nora thought for a bit, looking him up and down before replying, "You know, Jeno kinda feels like he could pull off being Spiderman, he's buff and tall and handsome. Like have you seen his jawline, goddamn he's fine." 

Mark rolled his eyes, "Well too bad for you, I don't go to the gym."

He froze, realising it sounded very wrong. 

Luckily, Nora didn't seem to pick up on the idea that maybe Spiderman stood right in front of her.

"Yea na, you don't look like Jeno yet. When you have muscles as defined as his, I'll know you've been hitting up them weights." She said with a cheeky grin. 

Mark pretended to flex his arm, pouting his lips and furrowing his brows as he moved his arms how a body builder would, Nora's evil sounding laughs filling up her apartment in her amusement. 

-

"Well, I think I should go, your mom might be home soon." 

"Mmm, wait," Nora mumbled with her mouth full of snacks as she turned off the TV. She ran into her room and grabbed another bag of treats for Cleo, shoving them into Mark's arms. "Take these, Cleo loves them." 

At the mention of his name, the tabby padded over and purred at Nora's feet as a goodbye. The girl bent down and gave him a kiss, whispering tenderly in his ear, "You'll be able to come home soon, Cleo, love you!" 

"You know, as stupid as you are Mark, I really appreciate you." She said as she slowly stood up.

Mark was taken aback. "Is that supposed to be a compliment?" He laughed.

Nora nodded, "It is, be grateful for my compliment. Goodnight!" 

Mark waved with the treats in his other hand, shutting the door gently behind him. 

He walked up the stairs back into his apartment, only to meet face to face with a sulky Haechan. 

"Bruh where have you been? Ay yo wait, who's got you smiling like that?!" 

"Smiling like what?" Mark whined, "Shut up, we're not a thing."

"I never even said who" Haechan smirked, which earned him a round of run-away-from-Mark's-slipper until he lay on the floor yelling that he surrendered.