🕷️13🕸️

Keys clinked in the lock of Nora's apartment, and the pair froze as they were seated in the middle of the living room.

"Quick! Hide!"

Mark scrambled to his feet and looked around the room.

With one look at the window, he jumped out of it, leaving Nora staring after him, a traumatized look on her face.

The doorknob twisted open, and the heavy metal door swung open, revealing Nora's mother struggling to hold all the grocery bags hanging all over her arms.

Nora quickly ran over to help her mom take over some of the plastic bags, and her mom kicked off her shoes, immediately placing them neatly near the entrance.

"Doing some cleaning before Chinese new year?" Her mother asked, observing the mess on the floor as Nora went to the kitchen, leaving them on the kitchen island.

Nora nodded and her mother walked into the kitchen, rummaging through the many plastic bags scattered across the kitchen island, leaving Nora to finish her tidying.

How did Mark just jump off like that... is he ok..?

She was about to text Mark to make sure he wasn't hurt, but her mother's voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Here, try on this shirt."

She was thrown a plain baby blue shirt, with a certain blue cartoon monster imprinted on the front, with a positive but very random quote up the top.

"Mom... don't you think I might be a bit too old for this?" She said quietly, not wanting to aggravate her mother

"Try it on," she insisted, and all Nora could do was give in.

🕷️

Mark leapt off the window, landing on the opposite building just as he did so the first time they met.

He slammed on the capsule hanging on the hem of his shirt, activating his updated suit.

Mark didn't want Nora to worry about him, so he took out his phone and pressed down on her contact.

Spider-Man lover

Mark:
Just to let u know I didn't die🫡

Sent at 19:48

Stuffing his phone back into his pocket, he shot out a string of web and decided to pay Dr. Klum a visit at his lab.

Dr Klum was a friend of Mark's dad, even after Lee's passing, Klum still treated Mark as his own son, inviting him over, talking about different universes and the possibilities, showing him his newest inventions and discoveries.

In return, Mark saw Klum as a father figure, and he always cherished the moments with him in the lab.

"Hey, Doc, what do we have today?" 

"Ah, Mark! I'm so happy to see you. Come look at this."

Mark walked towards Klum, eager to see what his mentor has to show him, and his eyes widened in shock and horror as he saw the radioactive atom sitting in a bulletproofe glass cabinet. 

"Plutonium-239...?"

Klum smiled, "i finally found this, after years and years of searching. Want to see what this little beauty does?" 

With a gulp, Mark nodded and followed the scientist to his special lab. Klum chuckled as he stood proudly with the metal in his hand, holding it as if it was worth the world.

"With this baby here, Spiderman and his multi-verses won't survive another day."