CHAPTER - 4

PEARL CATHERINE 'S POV

I woke up disoriented, my eyes adjusting to the dim surroundings. The room felt stifling, and a cold knot formed in my stomach as I realized I was bound and gagged. Faces leered at me, and dread sank in – I was a captive. Among them was the creepy guy from the function who had given me a harassing look.

As they approached, a chilling realization set in – escape seemed impossible. They silenced me forcefully, laying me on the floor. Panic surged as they began to strip away my clothes, leaving me vulnerable and terrified. The air thickened with an unsettling anticipation, and it became clear that I was at the mercy of these predators.

As the nightmare unfolded, the room echoed with my screams, pleading for mercy that fell on deaf ears. The horror intensified with each passing moment, and I felt the weight of despair consuming me. Amidst the darkness, I could hardly fathom the depths to which humanity could descend.

In the midst of this darkness, a sudden noise disrupted the harrowing scene. The room hushed, and my gaze shifted away from the brutality. Hope flickered as I strained to hear. Footsteps approached, growing louder, and in that moment, a group of unexpected saviors stormed into the room. The tide turned as the perpetrators were overpowered, their reign of terror abruptly halted.

I lay there, half-naked and broken, as my rescuers swiftly intervened. The atmosphere shifted from horror to disbelief as the assailants faced justice. It was a moment of both physical and emotional rescue, a flicker of light in the abyss. Though scarred, I found solace in the realization that some heroes emerge even in the darkest hours.