CHAPTER-1

PEARL CATHERINE'S POV

My dad called me from downstairs while I was painting
I went down I asked
"Why did you call me dad"I asked
"Well,nothing much on our coming cousin's function everyone wants you anchor the whole function" dad said
"Dad,I am fine with that"I said
"Then, get prepared for that, I give you the information later, see you later darling" dad said feeling proud of her daughter. 

                              ----------
Next day(The function day)

"Hey are you ready" my brother (3rd) asked opening the door out of blue..
"You scared the shit of me brother"I said. "Whatsoever, you come down mom is waiting for you and don't be late for the function" he said. I have three older brother and I am the fourth and one and only daughter my dad have. The elder brother went to Paris for higher studies and I kinda sad I miss my big brother, any way my other brothers is making me happy too I went down stairs and saw my mom already dressed up and waiting for me with a necklace in her hand, she told me earlier that I need to wear the necklace that my late grandma gifted me.
"Oh,you are here my love, you look beautiful darling"Mom said
Thank you, be proud of your blood mommy""I said
"Okay okay come here let me put this necklace for you"Mom said
After that we left for the function
"You look so grown I saw you when your were a baby "Our aunty said
"Hello aunty"I replied
And dad and we whole was greeting other family and guests ..
"Are you ready for anchor"Adeline said my cousin
"Yeah,I am" I said
I told Dad I am going to speak and he told me to break a leg
I went and anchored and there was a suspicious guy looking at me whole time like biting his bottom lip and looking at me and I was wearing a off shoulders dress that made me fucking uncomfortable.. I did my anchoring and ran to my family and mom said she loved how I did and asked me whether I am okay I replied I am okay..
After that we were having lunch and my dad's sister came to our family and I greeted her. She hugged her brother my dad I was so touched because she missed him for years because she went to New York City for her job and look after her daughter. They were apart for years my dad really missed his sister their bond was amazing. She lifted her glaze to my brothers they were talking about how the grown up and she missed them being kids. She looked at me and said"hey your daughter looks like you, yours praying was worth it and I asked what praying she replied"when your father got three sons he told your mother that he want a daughter and he asked her to keep giving birth to a baby untill it is a baby girl, he literally praying for you to born"
"Oh really"I respond
Tbh I really felt happy and proud to be his daughter and I love my dad so much.. after few chatting, then we went to home..