Chapter 18- The rape

*Edited*

*Warning rape and abuse in this chap*

"Daddy?" Hermione asks as Voldemort starred at the sun as the father walked along the beach with his daughter in his arms. 

Voldemort looks down at his one year old daughter and smile nodding for her to continue. "Wou'll always protect we dwaddy wight?" Hermione asks messing up on some of her syllables. 

Voldemort smiles. "Always baby girl." Voldemort says. "Yay!" Hermione says making Voldemort laugh. 

He sets hermione down and takes her hand gently before leading her back to the manor. 

Hermione opens her eyes recalling the dream. 

Wordlessly she hugs Voldemort tightly waking him. He looks down at his daughter and smile gently stroking her hair. "Nightmare?" He asks gently. 

Hermione shakes her head only saying one word. "Beach." Voldemort smiles. "I always thought you were too young to remember that." He says. 

Hermione shakes her head before stating "I've missed your hugs daddy." This makes Voldemort laugh. He gently kisses hermiones hair. 

"We hugged a lot this year my dear." Voldemort says as his daughter buries her face in his chest. "I know dad. But full body hugs are greatly appreciate." Hermione says making her father laugh once more. 

Hermione then goes quiet. Voldemort does not miss this. "Dad can I ask you a question. And I want an honest answer." Hermione asks. 

Voldemort nods. "If I asked you if I could see your past. Would you let me?" Hermione asks. This takes Voldemort by complete surprise. 

He had no words. Voldemort sighs then meets his daughters eyes. Then sighs deeply me pulls his daughter into a hug before dropping his shields. 

He feels his daughter gently slip into his mind. And she sees. Everything........Hermione pulls out and looks at her father with tears. 

Voldemort turns away but looks down at his daughter when she hugs him tightly. "Oh daddy. Your stronger then I could ever imagined. The things you've been through. That's why you hate muggles. They..." Hermione cries. 

Voldemort makes no attempt to hide his tears. Hermione hugs her father and strokes his hair as he cries. "You are the only person I gave ever told hermione. Your the only person that knows. I hate muggles because they tortured me. And..." Voldenort couldn't continue. 

"Shhh daddy. I'm so sorry." Hermione whisper. She spends the next hour trying to calf her father. His magic rolled off him in heeps. 

He was no longer Voldemort. But Tom riddle. The boy. Muggle had raped and traumatized into becoming the dark lord. 

"I promise you daddy. I will never tell anyone uless you want me to." Hermione says gently rubbing her fathers cheek. Voldemort nods quietly. 

"Daddy. Daddy look at me." Hermione orders. Slowly Voldemort meets his daughters eyes. "I promise you daddy. I don't love you any less. I love you even more now. You are and always have been my hero. And this. Just makes more my hero. Ok?" Hermione says gently. 

Voldemort sniffles and hermione hugs her father tightly. Voldemort hugs his daughter back. And doesn't say anything. He didn't need to. 

He had his daughter there for him. He had family. People who would die for him. 

Hermione pulls away and kisses her fathers cheek. "Talk to me daddy. I need to know your ok." Hermione begs. Voldemort meets his daughters eyes once more. And breaths deeply. 

"Yes. I am now baby girl." Voldemort whispers. Hermione nods. "Ok." She whispers knowing her father was anything but. 

"I'll tell everyone your sick. Get some rest daddy." Hermione says. Voldemort looks at his laughing. Looking and feeling a broken child. 

"Thank you." He says. "Daddy. If I had known I wouldn't have-""No hermione. Thank you. It's better that you know." Voldemort says. 

Hermione's heart breaks at seeing her father this broken. Hermione hugs her father once more and rubs his back comforting him as he had done so many times for her. 

"I'm here daddy. I'm here for you. If you need me. I'll stay." Hermione whispers. This was all her fault anyhow. 

Voldemort grabs his daughters chin and makes her look at him. "No. This I'd nit and will never be your fault." Voldemort say letting go. 

"Does- Does mum..." Hermione starts to asks. 

Voldemort shakes his head. "No. You are the only person alive that knows." Voldemort whisper. "Oh daddy." Hermione says. 

She hugs her father tightly and rocks him. 

This brought comfort to the broken lord. "Uncle Tom?" Comes Ginny's voice. Hermione stands up and walks over to the door. 

"Ginny nows not a good time." She says. "Is something wrong?" Ginny asks. Hermione looks at her father. "No... Dad's not feeling well. Side effects from the potion. He just... Needs to rest." Hermione says. 

"Ok.... But were going shopping when this is over." Hermione groans. "Fine." She says walking back over. "Shopping?" Voldemort asks. 

"Our code for talking." She says. 

Voldemort nods. Hermione gently makes her father lay back down on his bed. Hermione covers him up and rubs his back. 

"Sleep dady. I'll be here when you wake. I promise." Hermione says. Slowly Voldemort closes his eyes.