三十八

🎵 심규선 - 부디

Depending on who it is for, a year can be a short time, it can also be a very long time

Depending on who it is for, a year can be a short time, it can also be a very long time. For you, a year that has passed feels eternal.

The first three months feel like you are on the verge of life and death. When the sun shines you hide under the blanket, when the sun sets you lie awake unable to sleep. Day and night, people won't stop worrying about you--which only adds to your burden of guilt.

You lock yourself away from everyone. Avoid any eye contact and even if you have to talk, your eyes doesn't shine like they used to. Of all the worried ones, of course Mingyu was the one who couldn't go a second without knowing you were okay. He is always by your side, hugging you when you cry, caring for you when you fall sick.

It wouldn't be fair for him to suffer because of your continued sadness. Therefore, in the fourth month, you are determined to get up and start all over again, throwing away all the chains of the past.

"I will leave you in my past, so that I can move forward to make your dreams come true."

Those were the last words you said during the latest pilgrimage to Seungcheol's grave before you finally put your life back together.

After that, to finally be able to enter a new year, it feels like being reborn.

While staring at the fluffy white clouds crossing the bright blue sky, a smile plastered on your face. With both of your arms stretched to the sides, you let the soft breeze coming from the ocean blowing each strand of your long hair softly.

When you learn to let tomorrow remain a mystery--leave tomorrow's problems to tomorrow, apparently life doesn't feel so bad. Once you have made it through each day, you can use the remaining time to enjoy many beautiful things that you were previously unaware of.

A pair of arms wrapped around your waist from behind. Soft breath immediately tickles the side of your neck as you reflectively lean your back against the familiar person's chest. Your hands placed over his arms which held you tightly. The two of you sways slightly while looking out to the horizon.

"I knew I'd find you here." Mingyu placed a soft kiss on your shoulder. He closed his eyes for a moment to relax while enjoying the soft breeze with you.

Your smile widened when you heard his voice,
"Done with the preparation?" You asked while caressing the back of his hand.

He hummed softly in return, "Yes. They asked me to bring you there."

Mingyu's arms loosened as you pulled away from his embrace. His eyes were still the same--always full of love--looking at you as you turned to him and held out your hand. He never gets tired of being mesmerized by your beauty.

"Let's go then." You smiled while welcoming his warm hand in yours.

A soft gasp slipped out of your lips as Mingyu pulled you back into his arms. You both laughed softly when his hands gently cupped your cheeks, his fingers slowly tucked your hair behind your ear. You could see his eyes moving here and there, observing every corner of your face with a warm smile plastered on his face.