三十七

🎵 임선혜 - 꼭돌아오리 (will be back)

Everything went cold. Your hazy mind couldn't remember the last time your body was covered in cruel bone killing cold. While looking at your hands which were covered in blood, the smell of iron hit your nose. Turns out, the coldness didn't come from your own self. In fact, it wasn't just coldness that you felt.

It was, fear.

The sensation reminded you of the fear years ago back when you were holding your late mother's body. The same fear struck you again. Your subconscious mind seems to have detected in advance that what you fear has the possibility of coming true.

Tears blurred your vision as you held Seungcheol's limp body, a torrent of emotions washing over you as you couldn't waive the worst possibility that could happen. Everything going on around you becomes too much. While fixing Seungcheol's position so that he was lying on your lap, your eyes wandered everywhere, your throat choked for help without a sound coming out.

"..H-h..el..p.."

On your left you see Jeonghan was being pinned down by enraged Dokyeom. Every laughs that came out of his lips drives you to the edge of your sanity. The remaining robbers charged forward again, intending to take their Young Master back. Here and there, blood was shed again.

"SOMEBODY, ANYBODY DO SOMETHING!" Mingyu shouted as he forced himself to stand up while groaning loudly in pain.

Wonwoo would probably have his arm slashed if Mingyu didn't force himself to fight again. The wound on his back drained his remaining strength, just one swing was already enough to made him lose his balance. Fortunately Wonwoo was only a few steps away from him, he immediately put Mingyu's arm around his shoulder to support him.

"Seungcheol-ah! Stay with me-- HEY!" You shook his shoulders several times, even slapping his cheeks.

"General!" Jisoo immediately knelt right next to you. His hands were shaking with panic that he needed to tear Seungcheol's robe several times before finally the wounded flesh was visible.

"What the hell did he do to him? WHAT is this??" You asked, half screaming in horror when you saw a hole being drilled in Seungcheol's flesh. You wiped your face wet with sweat and tears repeatedly while letting Seungkwan push Seungcheol's body to the side.

Both Seungkwan and Jisoo shook their heads. Both of them had never seen something like that before--the object that Jeonghan shot earlier pierced Seungcheol from his back to his chest.

"H..ey.." Seungcheol's chest rises and falls at an abnormal rate, panting and having difficulty breathing, "Gosh.. You..look so u-ugly right now.."

"You'll be okay. You'll be fine." You grabbed his hand as he lifted it weakly.

Seungcheol let out a sigh of relief from his dry lips when he felt your hand grip, "I-I'm so sorry..about your father.."

"No, no, no, don't talk. Don't say that-- I don't want to hear it."