二十三

🎵 심규선 - 달에 지다

The faint sound of crashing waves sounds like a sweet melody in your sleep

The faint sound of crashing waves sounds like a sweet melody in your sleep. Very calming, very soothing. The sun had risen and was shining brightly in the blue sky as a gust of wind gently tickled your skin to wake you up.

The temptation to ignore everything and stay asleep is hard to resist. Last night was probably one of the best sleeps you've ever had in your life. If it weren't for the sound of footsteps you heard, you wouldn't have opened your eyes. Already accustomed to a vigilant lifestyle during your past career as a Commander, you are extremely sensitive to unknown presences in your sleep.

"My, I'm really sorry. Did I wake you up?"

"Lady Jinyi." You hoarsely called with your eyes still half closed, "Goodness, how long was I asleep--"

Jinyi softly giggled at how you suddenly rose into a sitting position on your bed in a panic state. Falling asleep with your hair still half damped last night made your hair slightly crooked this morning.

"It's alright, you need it." She observed your face, then with her tilted head, she asked, "Why are you crying?"

"Huh?" You touched the spot right under your eyes and feel your skin a bit wet.

"Did you have a bad dream?" Jinyi asked again while grabbing a brush from the side table.

"No, I don't think so." You mumbled, still trying to remember what kind of dream you were having, "It was... Like, I remember sitting on a boat with someone but I didn't know who it was. Then I woke up."

"Maybe you're still too overwhelmed with everything that happened. It happens, sometimes."

Jinyi was kind enough to sit on her knees right behind you to gently brush your tangled hair. His fingers traced each strand of hair followed by the bristles of the brush. That warm feeling reminded you of your childhood--your mother used to do the same thing to you. You estimated Jinyi's age to be only a few years older than you but her maternal aura was very strong.

"Woo-nim has granted me permission to take you around Goguryeo today. I hope it'll cheer you up a bit." She gently squeezed your shoulders as she stood up.

Jinyi lets you take your time to get ready. When you finished taking a bath, a clean folded hanbok was prepared on your bed. Light green has never really been your color, but it's good to try something new every once in a while. In fact, you feel refreshed seeing yourself wrapped in that color. The small hairpin that Jinyi left you dangling beautifully just above your right ear.

You were told to meet her on the front porch where she would be waiting. The problem is, she doesn't tell you which way to take to get there. Jeon's residence is huge, so many turns you take and each turn takes you to many different places.

One thing that you noticed is the fact that all of Jeon's servants are very friendly. You accidentally meet some of them while they are doing their daily work. They smile and wave brightly at you. You take this opportunity to ask for directions--even though you still couldn't find the right way afterwards.