He's sitting on Cole's lap, wrapped up in a blanket. He's eaten up to the point where he's full and shakes his head to more food, and he's drank a lot of water and warm milk.

Archer comes back with another cup of it, crouching down in front of Enzo and handing it to him, along with a pack of skittles he tells him he got from the vending machine.

He passes them to Cole. "Open please."

Cole opens them for him, and he eats them slowly, as though he's trying to savour them.

"Is there anything else you want?" I ask him gently. "You can have anything."

He frowns, his bottom lip beginning to wobble. "I want my mama."

Coles eyes sadden, and he rubs his back gently. I look away, stretching my legs out.

"How about another treat from the vending machine for the time being?" Cole suggests.

Enzo just shakes his head. Then he leans it on Cole's chest, leaving the skittles on his lap. He doesn't touch them again.

"Enzo." I say carefully, crouching down in front of the chair he's on. He's moved away from Cole and secluded himself on the opposite side of the hall to us. "Why don't we take you to a hotel and you can get some sleep? I don't think your mum would want you staying awake all this time."

He frowns for a moment but then shakes his head. He leans back and blinks sleepily.

"Why don't you at least go to sleep here?" I suggest softly.

"Nuh-uh." He says. I sigh.

• ARCHER •

I get a call from Ally in the morning. I answer, having to blink multiple times in order to clear my tiredness. "Hey, kid."

"Hi." She whispers, her voice thick with sleep. "You didn't message to say you weren't gonna be back."

"I'm sorry, I must've forgotten." I say sincerely.

"Will you be back today?"

"I'm not sure."

"Did you get Amalia back?"

"Sort of."

"What does that mean?"

"Nothing." I respond. "Are you getting ready for school?"

"Elijah said I can have the day off."

I sigh. "You didn't think to ask me?"

"He said you wouldn't mind."

"Okay, fine. I need you to do something for me though."

She groans. I smile.

• COLE •

Amalia comes out of a third surgery, and we're told we're all allowed to see her now.