3

• AMALIA •

My dad gets out of the car to help me with my suitcase. I let the handle go as he wraps me up in a hug, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

     "Hi, baby." He whispers, pulling back. He smiles, "did you have fun?"

"Yeah, it was great." I respond. "You'll never believe who was there." I add.

"Who?" He questions, putting my suitcase into the boot for me. I smile in thanks.

"Archer." I say.

His eyebrows raise in surprise. We get into the car, and when he's strapping himself into the seat he replies, "what did you guys do?" He asks as he pulls out of the car spot he's in.

"We.. went to this club and then in the morning we went down to the breakfast buffet. It was really nice. Then Archer and I went to this little shop and got a bunch of souvenirs. I got you magnets for the fridge."

He smiles. "Thanks, sweetheart." He says. "How come he was there?"

I shrug. "I think Ezra became friends with him again."

"That's nice." He responds after a moment.

I bite my bottom lip nervously.

"Enzo is at Xander's house, playing with the twins. We can get him on the way back. Why don't you stay at the house tonight?"

"I have to go back to the shop to make sure everything is okay." I reply quietly. I live above it, in a two bedroom loft. Well, technically there's three, but the third is so small that you'd think it's a storage closet. That's what I use it for.

"Okay." He says gently.

For the rest of the drive, we talk about Las Vegas and my son. Apparently he had a bit of a hard time getting to sleep, but he eventually did and there was no more trouble.

When we reach Xander's house, I smile with excitement and get out of the car quickly. My oldest brothers front door is already open, so I just walk straight in. "It's us!" I shout.

I rush into the living room, grinning when I see Enzo sitting on the couch with Xander's wife, Louise. He doesn't notice me walk in, but when I say his name he squeals and tries jumping off the couch. I lift him up before he's able to, wrapping my arms around him and kissing his cheek. He kisses my cheek, and my heart swarms.

"Hi, honey. I missed you." I say.

"Missed you too, mama." He replies, wrapping his arms around my neck and pressing his cheek to mine. I smile. "M' tired."

"We'll go home soon." I assure him. He nods and smiles up at me.

Xander walks in then. He grins at me and wraps his muscled arm around my shoulders, pulling me to him to press a kiss to my temple. "How was Vegas?"

"It was good." I whisper. "Archer was there."

He snaps his head down to me, confusion furrowing his brows. "Why?"

"I don't know." I respond. "It was Ezra and Mia's party, not mine."

"Hm."

"What?"

"I didn't say anything." He tells me. "I just think that you should be careful."

I narrow my eyes. "I can take care of myself. I'm not an idiot."

He tilts his head, his eyes softening. "I know you can, Lia. I just don't want you to get hurt."

"I won't." I assure him.