Chapter 8

I was 17 when I first found out what I was. My mom and dad always tried to hide it from me. Because once you are aware of what you are and what is your destiny, vampires start hunting for you to get rid of you. When my mum and dad told me what i was i felt like the happiest girl alive. I would be abke to hunt vampires. But years into it and many near death experiences i promised myself that i would never let you know what you were so that i could keep you safe. My father and mother belonged to the strongest clan of vampire hunters and a girl named Akiba was my trainer. Your father was also a vampire hunter. It was a vampire that killed him, that kid from your school Alex his father to be precise. Your father had always wanted to be there when you found out what you were but *sobs* he isn't and I'm so sorry Lex if only I had known what would have happened I would have gone with him.
I know you will have many questions and I promise I will try as hard as possible to answer them all.

"Is Richard one of us?" I asked
"No but I love Shamara for who she is and I accept what she does." My step father said. I hadn't realised that he was in the room all along.
"You should probably go get some sleep, you still have school tomorrow." Mum told me.
I walked up the stairs and threw myself unto my bed. I have had such a long day. I slowly drifted off to sleep and dreamt of how kool it would be to kill vampires, totally forgetting that I had some vampires of my own as friends.
The next morning mum spoke to me as if nothing had happened last evening. When she dropped me off she simply said "Be Careful".
When I walked into the school's doors I felt a strange surge of power flow through me. As I walked down the halls I saw Tyrique and his girlfriend Tatyana bracing against the lockers and laughing with each other. I was always jealous of their relationship but now I felt worried for her because it was clear that she wasn't a vampire. Only God knows if Tyrique feeds from her.... Or worse! No don't think like that Lex I thought to myself he probably protects her with his life.
"You seem deep in thought this morning." Alex's voice grabbed me out of my thoughts and slammed me into reality.
"Stay away from me, I'm warning you." I growled at him.
"I was just trying to be friendly with my seating buddy, no need to be rude!" He told me and walked over to Ty and parted his love affair.
"Lex u coming to our game tonight?" Shyrece asked me.
Will those bloodsuckers ever leave me alone I groaned to myself.
"No mum wants me home." I said putting on my best fake smile.
"Alexist Sarabi Salvatore! Why havent you spoken to me in days young lady!" Zoey hollered while storming towards me.
"I havent seen you around girl keep calm! And lower your voice!" I whined at her.
"Something is on your mind start talking!" She said while dragging me to our first class which was in the IT lab.
We sat at our regular seats and i turned on my computer. Only to see..................
TO BE CONTINUED.....

Sorry for taking so long to update guys ive been busy with my exams but im here now! Thanks for reading! Don't forget to Share, comment and like
~Krissy