Chapter 3

When I woke up I felt slightly better than I did last night. Afterall today was the day that our school went to the Cultural Centre for a grand presentation of certificates for student that are well rounded. Considering the fact  that I swim, play volleyball and the piano, plus my grades were on point I was chosen as one of the persons. Grandma dropped me off to school as every other day and wished me a good day. I walked to class and was almost at my seat when I felt a bottle hit me at the back of me head, my fists immediately clenched at my sides as I turned around to see the culprit.

"Lex im really sorry chicka" said Jason one of the biggest yet most playful guys in 4th form.

"Whatever" I mumbled under my breath and sat down.

"Lexxxxxxxx" said Abigail a girl from my class who was one if the girls that forever tormented me. "You going today!" She asked.

"Well duhhh" i replied" i am collecting something afterall!"

"I didn't asked all of that." She grumbled and walked away.

I heard snickering coming from behind me and I turned around,

"What are you lauging at?!" I barked at the guy sitting behind me.

"Nothing." he said throwing his hands up in the air and going back to whatever computer game he was playing.

I walked out of my class and up the corridor to the science class.

"Lex you collecting a certificate today right?" Asked one of my friends.

"Obviously." I replied

"You really are full or yourself." she said with a grin.

"Whatever Erica"I smiled and went back to my class a few seconds before our form teacher entered telling us that the buses had arrived. After sitting in the bus for about 20 minutes we reached the center and everyone filed out. I sat down next to Zoey and some third former sat on my other side. After being bored out of my skull , hearing speeches that i was the least interested in and a bunch of names later mine was called and I went up unto the stage beaming from ear to ear. I put my hand out to collect it and as soon as my had touched the paper i felt like electricity ran through my body and it made me jump. "Weird" I thought to myself as I smiled at the camera. When I went back to my seat Zoey immediately grabbed the certificate from me and dropped it with a funny facial expression on her face.

"You felt it too?" I asked

"Felt what?" She asked

"Nevermind." I said as she picked up the certificate from the ground.

"Uhhhh i think they got your name wrong Alexist" she said handing me the certificate.

"What the hell!!!" I exclaimed, "my name is not Alex nor do I attend St. Joseph's High." I huffed and i got up to show my teacher. He told me that after everything was finished slhe would go the the organisers and querry it and i went back to my seat to endure the boring presentation.