Part : 15 War?!

Author POV

Lan sizhui was breaking down, "That is not supposed to happen! The Yiling Patriarch had said before, that high-level ones eat souls, and only low-level ones eat flesh!"

Wei Wuxian couldn't help but to comment, "Why are you blindly worshipping him? Even his own inventions were a mess! No rules stay the same in all situations. You can think of it as an infant-when it lacks teeth, it can only eat congee and soup, but when it grows up, it would, of course, also want to eat meat using its teeth. Her powers had just risen greatly, so naturally she'd want to taste something new!"

"I agree with myself! You shouldn't trust everything blindly !" exclaimed Wei wuxian and for first time Lan qiren agreed with him.

Juniors and others disciples mostly from Yunmeng Jiang and Gusu Lan sect nodded their heads.

The soul-consuming goddess stood up from the ground. Her body was tall. She used her arms and her legs to dance with uncontrollable excitement, seeming like she was extremely pleased. Out of the blue, an arrow came with a whoosh and pierced her forehead, the arrowhead appearing out of the back of her head.

Hearing the sound of the bow's release, Wei Wuxian's looked toward its direction. Jin Ling stood atop a tall hill, not far away, and already had his second feathered arrow on the bow. He pulled to the maximum, and another head-penetrating arrow was released, the strength causing the soul-consuming goddess to stagger a few steps backward.

"Jin ling what are you doing?" questioned Jin zixuan angrily.

"A-die i-i am sorry!" exclaimed Jin ling in low voice before hiding behind his mother.

Jiang yanli, Jiang fengmian and Madam jin were also upset at how Jin ling don't care about his life while Madam yu was quite impressed at his bravery.

"Uhh that idiot nephew of mine" exclaimed Wei wuxian and Jiang cheng together.

Lan Sizhui yelled, "Young Master Jin! Send off the signal on you!"

Jin Ling turned a deaf ear to his words, determined to kill the monster. With a solemn face, he set three arrows onto the bow at once.

"For god sake listen to him!" yelled Jiang cheng at screen.

Jin ling was still properly hiding himself behind Jiang yanli as he remembered how arrogant he used to be.

Although she was shot in the head twice, the soul- consuming goddess was not angered, and advanced toward Jin Ling with the same smile plastered on her face. Although she danced while walking, her speed was terrifyingly fast, decreasing the distance between them by half in just a few moments. A few cultivators appeared from the side and fought with her, hindering her strides.

Jin Ling shot each arrow as the goddess took each step, probably intending to use up all of the feathered arrows first, before fighting in a closer range with the soul-consuming goddess. His arm was quite steady, and his shots were accurate, but all magical weapons were useless against it!

"Woah Jin ling you are looking cool!" exclaimed Zizhen waving his hand at him.

"Young mistress is looking disgustingly cool" mumbled Lan Jingyi.

Both Jiang Cheng and Lan Wangji were at Buddha's Feet, waiting for any news, so who knows how long it would take for them to realize that something was wrong and come up here. To extinguish fire, water was needed. Therefore, if magical weapons didn't work, what about dark sorcery?

"Thank Goodness!" exclaimed Jiang yanli in relief.

Wei Wuxian unsheathed the sword on Lan Sizhui's waist and chopped off a piece of a thin bamboo, swiftly making it into a flute. He lifted it up in front of his lips and took a deep breath. The shrill timbre of the flute was like an arrow, slicing through the night sky and shooting into the clouds.