29

song: lose you to love me - selena gomez❀ ·˚ ༘ ∘

❀ ·˚ ༘ ∘

IT'S BEEN ALMOST two months, and it was my birthday.

Gray kept writing to me, sending multiple gifts and I currently had a collection of bears and flowers, all different varieties.

A new letter came in.

Dear, mi amor

Happy birthday, my sweet girl.

I have lots of gifts coming in soon so it may take a while to receive.

I don't want what my mistakes have done to you live in your head. Forget about me and have fun, alright?

Just know, I'm still waiting. And I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I should've never let you slip through my fingers so easily.

I had you right in the palms of my hands and I messed up, so badly. I should've never taken you for granted because living here without you has been torture, far way worse than being shot at.

I live and hope almost everyday that you'll write back.

I hate hope, always have. I've never believed in if, but as always, you made me believe. I believe in hope, faith, destiny.

I believe we were destined to be together and I'll hope that someday you'll come back to me.

Please enjoy your birthday, you deserve to live without clinging onto me.

I love you, so much.

Finally twenty, mi amor.

Love,
Gray

I couldn't obey his wishes this time. My mind was whirling through memories and everything about Gray.

The decision hit me before I could even think, and suddenly, I was in the car, speeding off to his house.

I was finally at the doorway, the decision that I was actually here had hit me. I was so scared, Esme beside me.

As day by day passed, I slowly started to heal, and I wanted to let Gray in but I wasn't sure I could. I was scared to let myself get hurt by another person I trusted. I trusted Gray the most and he hurt me, but he made it up. Yet I still felt like he might stab me in the back at any moment. And I hated myself for it.

As I lifted my knuckle to knock, he opened the door suddenly. I was face to face with Gray. His eyes immediately lit with emotion when he saw me, he had a light stubble growing and he really did look extremely tired.

"Athena." He whispered breathlessly, as if unable to actually believe I was standing on his doorstep. Me and you both. "Hi." I whispered, unable of what to say.