19

song: the night we met - lord huron ෆ ⊹˚˖⁺

ෆ ⊹˚˖⁺

I WATCHED HER breaths come out of her mouth in light shallow ones, her chest rising and falling. Her eyelashes fluttering her cheek. Her face so calm and at ease.

I meant every word I said to her last night. I've fallen so hard for her that I'm not sure I'll be able to recover if she were to ever hurt me. If she were to hurt me, I'd still want her.

She doesn't know that I'd go to the ends of the world for her. I'll do anything for her.

I want to show her the world, I want to be by her side for everything. Through all the tears and pain she's going through, thru everything. I'll never let another man ever near her again.

I've been able to sleep when she's around, no bad memories flooding through my head whenever I lie down when she's near. I always had this little project in mind when I saw the millions of books she bought, it was my first thought.

When she runs out of those books, now she has a whole library for her.

She has me in so deep. It scared me before but now I've gave into it. I'm letting her in piece by piece, my trust for her more than anyone's. I never want her to leave.

The more I thought about her, the more fearful I became that I wouldn't be able to stop harm from coming her way. And the more I thought about it, the more I realized I couldn't fall in love with her.

Because I already was in love with her.

From the very beginning I laid eyes on her, I was already in love. The very first time we kissed, I was in love. I was in love with her the moment she entered my life and the promises we shared. I vowed to myself to never let myself get so soft and unfocused, but then she came and changed everything.

I have such a soft spot for her. Athena is my heaven, my home, my heart. She's taken over my whole entire soul and left me with nothing but love for her. And I didn't care. I promised to never hurt her, to never leave her. And I'd never break one of our promises, not in a million years.

I was in love with Athena Vasilios. And I wasn't going to try to stop it this time. I have always been in love with her, the moment my eyes laid on her picture on my laptop. I never wanted to admit it but I'm too far in that I can't not admit it. It's obvious.

I had one more thing to show her today. I think she'll love it.

She stirred awake beside me, rustling and moving around, her makeup melting and slightly smudged, tear-stained cheeks, and messy hair. She couldn't look better.

Her eyes slowly fluttered open as she stretched her limbs out, yawning before lifting her head to look at me. "Goodmorning, pretty girl." I whispered to her and she smiled up at me before sitting up properly and snuggling up beside me.