Chapter 45 - For Her Dream

Kazuya: "Alright!"

Kazuya: (walking) "So this is Campfire... the biggest crowdfunding company."

Kazuya: (thoughts) "I know I promised to go consult someone when we had our chat, but this is really stressful..."

Kazuya: (thoughts) "But I've already decided that I'd do whatever it takes!"

Kazuya: (thoughts) "Confidence... confidence... confidence... channel that business like aura."

...

Manager: "I glanced over the plan you sent in. And honestly... crowdfunding. Don't think it's so easy."

Kazuya: "A-about that... it's not like that at all..."

Manager: "First of all there's no cover image, and I can barely tell if you're taking this seriously from the way it's written."

Kazuya: (thoughts) "I should've gotten Y/N to write it..."

Kazuya: "The image... I'm still getting it ready..."

Kazuya: (thoughts) "I'll need to take a picture of Mizuhara..."

Manager: "What are you doing for the crowdfunders?"

Kazuya: "Well that's... uh... I'll start thinking now..."

Manager: "I see... ha..."

Kazuya: (gulps)

Kazuya: (thoughts) "This isn't looking good..."

Manager: "in the first place gathering a large sum of money isn't easy. Regardless of the medium."

Manager: "In crowdfunding, where speed is key, giving a good introduction and making sure to offer rewards which incentivize potential backers to donate is very important."

Manager: "Sure, it might seem easy to film a movie when you hear that the success rate for movie related projects is 70%. However you have to realize that each and every one of them has been planning this for a long time in order to make the their dreams come true."

Manager: "So you have to face reality and realize that the chances of a person who doesn't put their blood, sweat and tears into it is 0%."

Manager: "Of course I'll give you as mush support as possible. Through repeat visits. But as it is, this can't be released to the public."

Kazuya: "Oh..."

Manager: "For example, let's take 10,000 yen. Would you pay a stranger 10,000 yen to support a nobody?"

Manager: "Think about it like your life depends on it."

Kazuya: ...!

...

Fish-kun: "Mission failed. We'll get em next time."

Kazuya: "Ahhhhhh! My mental state is gone! I know it's my fault but he didn't have to go all out on a beginner! Just a little... he could've just been a little nicer!*

Kazuya: (sighs) "But he was completely right... well, I didn't really think that making a movie was easy, especially when it's just the three of us... but I didn't expect to get into a pinch this early..."

Kazuya: "Haaaa... my heart's gonna break soon... I don't know what to do..."

Knock

Kazuya: "Huh someone threw a rock at my window... she's calling for me...?"

Fish-kun: "Cheer up man it's all good."

...

On the veranda