Ruins

The next morning, you wake up feeling Neuvillette's arms around you, you keep your eyes close and lean against his chest a little more. Feeling that you're awake, he caress your hair waiting for you to you open your eyes, when you do so, you see him already awake, smiling at you.

"Good morning."

"Good morning... you were waiting for me...?"

"Yes, I didn't wanted to wake you up, and I didn't wanted to move either."

You smile and lean against him again, he resumes his caress on your hair and on your back, you were about to fall back asleep when he speaks again.

"We should get up now, Furina will be here soon."

"But it's so cozy here..."

"I know, but it's not the only time you will sleep here, now get up."

"Rude..."

"I'm sorry, love."

He kisses your forehead, his reaction makes you giggle, you feel his smile against your skin and he doesn't move for a moment, enjoying just a little more of cuddle. He eventually let you go to get out of bed, you stretch while yawning and get up too, you go to the guest-room where your belongings are and prepare yourself before joining Neuvillette in the living room, this time, he wears his casual dark blue outfit. Both of you eat breakfast and wait for Furina, enjoying some talks about all and nothing, after a moment, you hear the door knock, Neuvillette gets up to open it and comes back with Furina.

"Well hello Aniès."

"Hi Furina, how have you been ?"

"I'm okay, except that it's really hard to work without the Chief Justice in the Palais Mermonia, I can't wait for him to come back to his office..."

You smile and invite her to take a sit, Neuvillette go make some tea and gives a cup to everyone.

"Speaking of this, Neuvillette, are YOU okay ?"

"I feel quite rested, and my wounds are not a problem anymore, I'm fully healed and ready to come back to my duties."

"That is great news, in that case you can come back tomorrow."

"Tomorrow ? But... didn't you just said that it's hard without me ? I could come back right now."

"It is hard, but I think there is somewhere else you should be..."

She looks a bit nervous while saying this, you start to fidget with your sleeve, if she didn't looked so... guilty, you would have though that she gives Neuvillette a day off to be with you.

"Furina... is there a problem ?"

"I'm sorry Aniès... it's about your house."

She takes a pause, in your case you wait for the answer, the last time you were in there was the morning before the duel, you still have not a real clue about the situation inside.

"You furniture didn't appreciates being flooded for a few days, a lot of them have to be throw away, and the professionals told me that you're going to have to do some work on your house. Of course like I said, you won't have to spend a single Mora, and it's the same thing for other people who are in the same case as you. It's just... that I didn't though it could cause so much damages..."

"So I can't live in there for how much longer ?"

"I asked them to work on your house as fast as they could, so it might be a week maximum, someone is actually waiting for you, to decide together what you can keep and what you will throw away, he will give you advice but the decisions are up to you."