Day Off, Part 1

Knock Knock

What is that sound ? He must be dreaming.

Knock Knock !

Just... five more minutes....

Knock Knock Knock Knock!

"A...a moment please...."

He open his eyes, someone woke him up from his night, but wait, why does he sleep sitting up ? And there is something on his chest.
He looks down and see Aniès, sleeping peaceful against him, a blanket covering them both, Neuvillette is almost sure that he didn't placed it here.

Knock Knock !

"Neuvillette ! Answer the door !"

"Lady Furina, I'm coming..."

He can't stay anymore, he slowly get out of her arms, feeling a bit guilty to leave her here, he notice that he is still wearing his clothes.
He will process everything later, his Archon is waiting, making sure to not make too much sound, he walk to the door and open it.
Wait, what time is it ?

"Finally ! You took your time !"

"Shh ! Please keep your voice down."

He move a little so the Hydro Archon can see that Aniès is still asleep on the couch.
What a mistake, she smirk, looking at him.

He act like it was nothing, getting out of his apartments and close his door to not disturb Aniès any longer.

"Well well, looks like you had a nice night. No wonder why you are so late."

"What do you mean by that ?"

"You know what I mean."

She smirk and raise her eyebrows, Neuvillette pinch his nose, understanding what she just said.

"First of all, that is really inappropriate to you to invade my privacy, especially to spread false rumors and insinuate unfounded things, secondly, Aniès is my friend, after the past events I'm really sure your heard about, I let her stay at my apartments to rest, finally, I'm sorry that I am late, but can you tell me what time it is ?"

"I'm just teasing you Neuvillette, to answer your question it's past 11a.m, you were supposed to be in your office at 7a.m."

"...I'm four hours late ?!"

"Take your day off."

"What ?"

"I said, take your day off. You are right, a lot happened recently, for her, and I can see for you too, I didn't know you wore make-up, except your eyeliner."

He raise an eyebrow before remembering, he cried last night and didn't remove his make-up, it must have faded with the night.

"Crap..."

He place one of his hand on his face, feeling stupid.

"It rained a lot these past few days, and I'm not blind, I know you endure a lot, especially since this lady came into your life, since you LET her come into your life."

"Are you saying it's a bad thing ?"

"No, I just don't get why you allowed a basic human like her to become so close to you, don't misunderstood, I'm glad that happened, I just... don't understand."

"I don't either, but what is done is done, I care about her a lot, and I know she care about me too."

"And this is why I want you to take your day off, maybe you don't notice, but I care about you too, you are exhausted, you can't hide this from me right now. Go back inside, and take care of you, both of you."