Disappeared

The trial is over.

The rain just ended and it's time for Neuvillette to head back to Palais Mermonia, the events were... intense, but at least, the relationship he maintains with Navia is a little better, they will stop fighting hopefully.

It's been three days since he last saw you, he would lie to himself if he said he didn't missed you, even if he can know were you live, he doesn't want to make you uncomfortable and invite himself at your home.
He still have work to do, he was about to enter the Palais Mermonia when Sédène came out of it, running straight into his legs, making her fall backward.

"Aouch aouch aouch !"

"My apologies Sédène, are you alright ?"

He was about to help her getting up when she spotted him.

"Monsieur Neuvillette ! I was looking for you, there is an emergency !"

"Calm down Sédène, let's head back to my office so we can talk."

"Okay but we really need to hurry, it's about Aniès."

He went silent, then open the door for the Melusine, she understand that his silence means a lot, she come in and they both went into his office.

"Please Sédène, talk."

"A few hours ago, a friend of her, Freminet, came here with a bag, saying that it belongs to her, he insisted about the fact that she disappeared. Since you were busy with the trial and after that you went to the cemetery, one of our employees interviewed Freminet, asking information about Aniès and the last time he saw her. He said that she is born here in Fontaine, told us her age, and that they were diving together two days ago, collecting materials, after that, they had a picnic together and he left, she said she wanted to continue to swim. When he came back today to dive, he saw her belongings hadn't moved an inch, that means her bag with her clothes, a blanket and some leftover food. Considering the fact that womans are still disappearing, we were afraid that she might be a victim of the primordial seas's water, we sent officers looking around the city and under water, but neither of our team founded her or her swimsuit. They also went to her home, but nobody was here, they asked the neighbors if they saw her coming home these past two days, but they all said no."

"The criminal of the disappearances is now dead, however there is indeed a chance that she might be one of Vacher's last victims. Since no one found her swimsuit, it is a good news, a chance that she might still be alive. It could be a kidnapping, or maybe an accident when she was swimming. The only thing to do for now is continue to look for her, don't stop the investigations until we find another clue."

"Order is clear Monsieur Neuvillette."

She turned to get out of the office, before turning back to him, a sad look in her eyes.

"I'm sorry..."

He nod, letting her leave his office.

When she close the door, he sat down on the closest sofa, letting his hands shake, he place his elbows on his knees and grab his head.

"Aniès..."

"CATCH IT ! GET IT OUT OF HERE !"

The loud noise got him out of his thoughts, he stand up and open his office's door, seeing the employees running after something.

"What is going on here ?"

"Monsieur Neuvillette !"

An employee went to him, panicking, the others are still running.

"We are really sorry, an otter manage to sneak out into the building, it was scratching your doors, we are trying to get it out but the thing is just too quick !"