Warm

You spent the rest of the day together in Neuvillette's office, he still had a lot of work to do so you decided to read a book during that time, at the end of the day, he brought you home and you both decided to meet again in the office until you have to leave to meet Arlecchino.

Thinking of this made you nervous, that woman is such a mystery, and really intimidating.

"Are you okay Aniès ? You barely touched your cup."

"Ah, sorry Neuvillette, I must admit that I'm stressed..."

He tried to stand up from his desk but sat down immediately, he groaned and try to turn around, in vain, you look at him and doesn't understand why he looks annoyed.

"Not again..."

"What's going on ?"

"My hair is stuck in the ornamentation."

He...is really angry ? Only because of this ? You can't help yourself, this is so absurd that you laugh.

"Hey ! What is so funny ?"

"I'm sorry ! It's just... don't move I'll help."

You calm down but is still smiling, you go behind his chair and see the damages, well, you regret a little that you laugh, they're pretty well entangled.

You work slowly but surely, freeing his poor coiffure, his hair are really soft to the touch, you can't help and pet them a little, enjoying this closeness.

"Are you having fun ?"

"Ha ! Sorry I-"

"Don't apologize, you can continue if you want."

You take a breath and relax, you're happy that he lets you pet his hair, you mostly focus about freeing him of course, but it doesn't hurt to enjoy it too, right ?

"Have you ever thought of tying them up?"

"Not really, I like to keep them down, and the Melusines enjoy this too, they always complain that sometimes my hair is not tied up correctly, with the bowtie this low, they can take care of it when they want."

"It's cute, you act like a father with them."

"I... I admit that I don't really know what is different from a friend."

You think about this, honestly, it's a bit hard because at some points, he is right, a parental figure is mostly like a friend, still, there is differences, after a moment, you come up with a conclusion.

"I can understand why you don't know the differences, and I don't really know either honestly, what I know is that a father will always be present for their children, even if they are far away, as you know, my relationship with my fathers was great before everything happened so I can't explain clearly. But for example, take my relationship with Freminet and the one with Arlecchino and he, both are different, right ?"

"It's clearly different, but I don't think it's a good example either, if being a father is being like The Knave, then I prefer to be the Melusine's friend."

"I-I didn't meant that... but more like... she saved them, raised them, gave them a home, a future, a family. She protected them and everything, a lot of times it's always a person who is older and more experienced with life who will teach the younger how the world works, to protect them, and of course, give them love and care, education, etc."

He doesn't answer first, you manage to free his hair and notice that the room is getting darker, you don't need to turn around to know why the room dimmed.

You embrace him from behind and speak quietly.

"Hydro Dragon, Hydro Dragon, don't cry."

He places one of his hands on yours, looks like his sadness was quick because the room is getting clearer now.