Flood

The next morning, you peacefully wake up to the sound of Aether's sheets, looks like he is awake too.

"Good morning you two, did you sleep well ?"

"Paimon is still tired... how can you look so fresh ? You slept less than us and you look... happy."

"Theses past days where stressful for us, plus, you two worked harder than I, it's normal that you both need to recover more than I do. I'm happy because I feel like we are close to the end, I can't wait to go outside again."

"Outside huh ? You just want to see your boyfriend."

Aether put his hand on her mouth and glare at her, you blush a little then laugh.

"It's fine Aether, she can tease me if she wants, she is not wrong."

Paimon get rid of Aether's hand and come closer to you quickly.

"Wait what ? So you two ARE a thing ?!"

"Calm down Paimon, we are not a couple no."

"Huh, that's a shame..."

She leave you some space and looks disappointed.

"But..."

You look at the hairpin in your hand, smiling.

"I do want to see him... I never met someone who were truly dear to me besides Freminet, but Neuvillette is different... his presence reassure me, I know he truly cares about me, he so kind and caring, a real sweetheart and a beautiful man... I do love him, with all my heart."

"Hah ! Paimon knew it I knew it ! The way you describe him, it's so adorable ! It's obvious you are really in love !"

Your face is all red, you realize only now that you were daydreaming and said all of that out loud !

"Ah ! I-I didn't meant to say all of that ! I'm sorry I don't want to bother you with... AH it's so embarrassing !!"

You hide your face, not daring to look at them anymore. You can hear Aether coming closer to you, he takes your wrists and reveal your face gently, he is smiling at you.

"It's okay to open up you know ? Don't say that you're sorry, you're not a burden to us."

He lets you go, you don't hide yourself anymore and smile a little, not really daring to look at them. You fidget with your sleeve and manage to calm down.

"Can you please not tell anyone ? I want to take my time and...confess when I'm ready."

"You can trust Paimon for this ! I bet he will return your feelings !"

"I don't want to except anything for now, if he doesn't, I don't want to be too sad, our friendship is precious for me too, and I don't want to ruin it by confessing too soon."

"Don't worry, take your time !"

You smile, hide the hairpin in your bowtie and stand up, you must admit that saying all of that out loud was a great thing, you feel better, knowing that your friends supports you. You look at the table and see one of Lyney's cards.

"Hey, look."

You take it and show it to the duo.

"Oh let Paimon read !"

You laugh and give it to her.

"Hmmm... he says that today is the monthly free day, everyone have a day off, so it can be the perfect time to investigate. He asks us if we did any progress and tells us to meet him in our usual spot before lunchtime, he does have things to tell."