Condition

"Aniès ! Aniès wake up !"

You open your eyes and look around, what is this place ?

Oh, that's right, you're in prison with Paimon and Aether.

"Paimon to Aniès ! Helloooo!"

"Ah ! Sorry Paimon I..."

"Had a bad night I can guess, sorry but we have to leave, a guard told us that... you should probably go to the infirmary, Aether and I will do to the production zone."

"That's so sudden, I don't understand everything..."

"To make this quick, you had a terrible night, you hadn't stopped moving and even crying sometimes, I was able to sleep even with the noise. And don't start making that sorry face, it's normal to react like this."

You nod and look at the ground, you stand up and start to leave, you place your hand on your sleeve, where the hairpin-

Wait, where is the hairpin ?!

You turn around and look under your cover, nothing.

"Aniès, calm down..."

"Aether, where is the hairpin ? I swear I had it this night !"

"I have it !"

....Oh....

You turn around, he gives it back to you.

"I'm sorry I reacted like this..."

"Hey stop apologizing, it's okay, I'm sorry I took it, when the guard came in I was afraid that he could see it, you slept with the hairpin in your hands, it was clearly visible."

"No you did great, anyway we should go, Paimon said we are in a hurry after all."

They both nod, you hide the hairpin in your bow this time and get out of the room, your ways parted quickly since the infirmary is pretty close to the dormitories, you enter it, seeing that Sigewinne is alone.

"Oh Aniès ! Good morning, did you sleep well ?"

"Hello Sigewinne, I'm afraid I didn't, I guess it's because it's my first night, I overslept and Paimon said I hadn't stopped moving in my sleep."

"Like you said, it's normal for the first night, maybe it will continue for a few, you will get used to it don't worry."

She walks close to a bed and sign to you to sit on it, you remember that you had to talk to her.

"Do you want to check on me while we talk ?"

"No, one step at a time, I prefer you to sit down because I've heard and saw that your story is not the easiest to tell, be sure to take breaks if you have to, there is no pressure."

You nod and sit down like she asked.

"What do you exactly need ?"

"I need to know the origins of your phobia about the meks, and if my information are correct, you also have thalassophobia but you are an underwater cartographer, I admit that I don't understand this."

"...It's true... then I must go straight to the point. I went to swim one day with an otter, we were attacked by meks and I got hurt. We were able to hide in a cave while the otter called for help, a few animals came to help us, they destroyed the meks but they could shoot on the stone, making the only exist collapse. Well, there was an exit for the otter but not for me, at some point, I felt asleep and my mask cracked because of the pressure, I was too deep and I didn't noticed, I ran out of air at some point and passed out completely while I was sleeping. I woke up in a bed, it was in Neuvillette's guest room, he told me later that I drowned in his arms and he had to give me CPR to save me, I don't have any memories of anything except what I said."