V day pt 2

Previously on last nights episode...

(muttering under his breath he followed after the human keeping a good distance behind to not draw attention to himself as he glared the human down.

Alright... lets see what you are gonna try to do you sick fuck...)

Humming you traveled down the streets with a skip in your step taking in every passerby as you could
scanning them at just a quick glance..nothing to note of yet..nothing was catching your eye not one human you passed had not been under someone else's influence...

frowning you pushed on as your steps lost the skip as time went on
..at this rate you'd be the only one returning in failure...you'd be a laughing stock for sure with the other winners...was everyone's first assignment this difficult?.. were you just bad at it?

After a couple more hours passing through the city the smell of corrupted sin made your body feel sick...your energy slowly depleting by each sinful human you passed...you felt dizzy

Looking to a near by park you casted your gaze to the ground walking to a near by bench sitting down dejected...
Sera would be disappointed...heck you were disappointed...you had expected such a fun experience interacting with humans...maybe you shouldn't have dived so late... Your vision spun as you groaned rubbing your eyes waiting for your eyes to readjust grumbling as it took longer than you liked...at least you weren't as nauseous...

Looking to the seat you were occupying you took in the details in boredom...
Faded red paint flaking off...nearly a dull light redish grey ... graffiti with vulgar words coated the back of the seat in black spray paint... thankfully dry...

The bench was old..splintery and uncomfortable as well but you didn't care as much as you probably should have as you hung your head in defeat sighing out in exhaustion from walking so much...why was this so difficult...were you purposely put into a sinful city just to mock you?...Maybe...if it was a test..you surely were failing...

Looking around again you watched as people were already chosen by other winners or sinners leaving you alone completely...Feeling your body grow heavy in disappointment you made a move to stand up before a hand gripped your shoulder starling you as you bristled looking behind you.

A tall freckled blonde man with sharp green eyes smiled sadly to you before sitting next to you at a comfortable distance causing you to sit back down in the process.

"It isn't a very good day for a woman such as yourself to be by yourself out here...what's the matter did your boyfriend dump you?..."

You shook your head slowly in confusion...you couldn't tell anyone what you were or why you were there...think...think what can you say...

thoughts ran through your mind at lightning speed before blurting out in a rambled mess to try to cover yourself.

Oh ..no Im enjoying the Weather and all that I dont-

He quickly interrupted you nodding as he assumed the rest not letting you continue before shrugging

"I see.."

..that should answer all further questions then if he already understood...

nodding to yourself in satisfaction you failed to notice a malice grin spread across his face before quickly replacing it as you looked over.

"Then why are you so glum...is it cause your single.."

At the world single he tilted his head slightly in false concern.

You shook your head before trying to think of what to say again as your thoughts began piling before the man stood up taking you by the hand cutting your thoughts off completely for a split second.

his hands were soft and ..strangely cold...

He quickly pointed down to the beach... Where a few couples sat ....

"Ah...we all get that way sometimes ...why don't you join me? We can both have some company yeah?"

sighing in defeat you nodded and followed after him slowly without any question...at this point you were to tired and just waiting to go home...eyeing the sky you prayed to your glorious leader to send you back home...but to no avail god wanted you to continue it seemed...and who were you to disobey

Although as a failure to your leader...it was clear you wouldn't find someone to guide this year...and that thought made you upset...upset enough to not even scan the human you were following before following him to the beach without hesitation
... you followed him blindly.

Set up near the beaches edge...sat a towel some drinks and a bag of what appeared to be snacks....did he plan this for someone else... Or was this really how this man spent valentine's day being single...? Looking around yourself you began to feel bad..looking to the stranger as he sat down

I'm sorry...but...was this meant for someone else?

you knew he had said he'd like company but...you didn't want to impose on this humans chances at finding a lover...
Before you could make a move to leave he shrugged frowning.

"Ah...I thought you'd ask...this was originally for my girlfriend but...she dumped me this morning..."

He looked up to you forcing a singular tear to fall sighing out.

" You don't have to hang with me I get it..."

Quickly you responded frantically not wanting him upset anymore than he already was

N..no no I'd love to!-

He grinned as you sat down on the soft beach towel...you wouldn't upset this poor human...He was broken.......maybe...confused?...

perking up as an idea struck you...he wasn't making bad choices...he was a chance to guide a lost soul!

___________
(Sorry this part really got me angry I'm working on pt 3 I swear!)
there's a total of four chapters for this ..mainly because i like leaving people in suspense but the way i write this male that's bothering you has triggered me during my writing-

i promise the most on a one shot I do for chapters is 2 regular and a lemon if I deem it fit enough for one...

unless it's a special occasion...

(Just...needed a pause...)

(Update! Pt3 is 3/4 done...)