06. Bases Aren't Just Meant For Baseball

||Edward's P

||Edward's P.O.V.||

I stood, still as a statue collecting dust, as I gazed out of the large window overlooking the forest from the living room. It was raining today. Nothing new. The sound of the raindrops hitting the roof echoed in my ears. I chose to focus on that mundane yet soothing sound, hoping to distract myself from my siblings' incessant thoughts and mild bickering.

Carlisle and Esme were out for a weekend hunting trip, so none of us have yet to see them since the 'party'. Everyone's thoughts were going a mile a minute, but somehow mine were faster and far less relenting.

"This is... insane," Alice breathed out, leaning against the wall and jutting out her lower lip.

"You can say that again," Jasper grumbled, slightly bitter.

Rosalie rolled her eyes, shrugging Emmett's arm off her shoulder. "It's absolutely ridiculous. Exactly just how unlucky are we? I mean, what are the chances of coming across her spawn?!"

I cringed internally at her sharp tone and choice of words.

"And what are the chances that said 'spawn' be the spitting image of her?" Emmett spoke up, deep in thought.

They had all been going back and forth about this for nearly thirty hours. Finally, I put my two cents in.

"She's not the spitting of her," I blurted out. "There are many differences."

Especially personality wise.. And those differences have kept me mentally occupied since that outrageous party.

"This one's blonde," Rosalie said with a sneer. "Minor upgrade."

We all rolled our eyes at that. Rosalie's usual vain thoughts were practically screaming at me.

"And her eyes are blue," Emmett was quick to add.

"They're more green than blue," I corrected him then immediately regretted it.

Jasper's head snapped in my direction. Does someone have a little crush? He asked via his thoughts, not wanting to embarrass me in front of the others.

I shook my head once and frowned in answer to his silent question. I most certainly did not.

"Just stating facts," I said to them when I took note of their bewildered expressions.

The mother and daughter duo shared much of the same facial structure, but could they really not spot the major differences? Like how Alexandria's features were far sharper, her brows angled as though she was always preparing to contradict what you'd say.

"What are we going to do?" Alice asked, her eyes flitting to each of us.

"What can we do?" Emmett piped up, twirling a pencil between his fingers.

"We need to tell Carlisle." Jasper locked eyes with me when I turned from the window to face them. "He may think it's within our best interest to leave."