10. History Repeats Itself

||Lexie's P

||Lexie's P.O.V.||

It was pouring down rain. Hell, it was raining so hard that it was coming down sideways. My shoes were already soaked. I could feel a puddle of water starting to form in my shoe, much to my chagrin. My hood was pulled up, but I had forgotten an umbrella (of course). I started digging through my bag, trying to find my keys so I could lock my car, but it was proving to be a difficult feat. Raindrops were sliding down my face, distorting my vision. I glanced up in frustration and locked eyes with Edward, who was watching me from across the parking lot. The heavy rain didn't seem to faze him. He looked like a marble statue as he stood there with his hands in his pockets, leaning against his silver Corvette with a blank expression.

I tore my gaze from him and focused on sifting through my bag. A victorious smile flitted to my lips when my hand wrapped around the keys. That's when I heard it-The sound of tires squealing against pavement. My head shot up. I spun around and all I could see was a truck heading straight towards me, going far too fast to stop. I froze like a deer in headlights, my life flashing before my eyes as the truck threatened to close in on me. I squeezed my eyes shut, bracing for impact.

That's when I felt a pair of solid arms wrap around me, pressing me against their side. When I heard the sound of twisting metal and the screeching tires coming to a stop, my head bumped against something solid. A piercing pain shot through my skull, but it only lasted a second. I could hear the ringing in my ears as everything came to a stand-still. I could still feel the strong arms around me, holding me in an iron grip. An angel, perhaps? Was I dead?

"Alexandria," the sound of my name rolled off the angel's lips, sounding much like a melody.

A moment passed before I could make out the sound of screaming and frantic voices.

"Alexandria!" The voice repeated, sounding panicked.

Wait, I knew that voice. Slowly, my eyes fluttered open and I came face to face with the pale angel.

"Edward," I croaked out, staring up at him in confusion.

It was then that I realized I was in his arms. I could feel the coolness of his body through his clothes as he held me flush against him, his eyes scouring me for injuries.

"Are you okay?" He asked in a voice that was barely above a whisper, his ochre eyes filled with concern.

Was I? I nodded then winced when a stabbing pain shot through my skull. His eyes widened as he slowly untangled his arms from around me and placed his hands on either side of my arms. The water on the ground was seeping through my clothes, causing goosebumps to erupt all over my body at the slight chill.

"I'm okay," I breathed out, blinking slowly as I took in my surroundings.

The truck was directly in front of me. A large dent was in the front fender, looking as though it had collided with something solid. Several students had gathered around us, including Skye.