05. Loose Morals & Dying Brain Cells

**WARNING**This chapter contains depictions of sexual assault, as well as underage drinking

**WARNING**
This chapter contains depictions of sexual assault, as well as underage drinking. Read at your own discretion.

||Edward's P.O.V.||

The wind echoed in my ears as I pierced through the forest at a blinding speed. Running was a good distraction these days. It always has been, but as of recently, I've needed the distraction desperately. But no matter how fast or how far I ran, I couldn't escape my demons. One demon in particular- Alexandria.

Alexandria Clarke. The abstract replica of a lover that was lost to me.

Alexandria Clarke. A constant reminder of the heartache I've been forced to endure for over two decades.

Alexandria Clarke. With her sultry green eyes that glow blue under certain lighting.

Alexandria Clarke. The girl with the face of an angel but the thoughts of a devil.

Her mind, for the most part, was eerily silent. But on the rare occasion that I was able to tune into her frequency, it was as though the radio station was on blast- Blaring through a set of unsuspecting speakers and all but frying them. It was as though she was forcing her own thoughts inside my mind, demanding me to revel in her filthy, sensual fantasies.

The harder I tried to resist them, the more difficult it was to do so. It was a catch-22 at its finest. So, I chose to ignore the girl as much as possible, only speaking when spoken to and being cordial at best.

Of course, I wondered why she and my long-lost love shared so many physical similarities. Of course, I was curious as to why their facial structures were nearly identical. What I hadn't realized was just how curious my siblings were as well.

"She's gotta be related to her somehow," Emmett mused, draping his arm over Rosalie's shoulder.

I didn't need any context to know who they were talking about. The second I stepped into the living room, their eyes were on me. Given their thoughts, I was clearly interrupting a conversation that they would prefer I didn't hear.

"Don't stop on my account," I mumbled bitterly, folding my arms across my chest and leaning against the wall.

Alice frowned, her thoughts going a mile a minute. Emmett paid no mind to the thick tension that hung in the air; instead, he shrugged lightheartedly.

"It's true." His voice was a matter of fact. "We'll confirm it when we go to that party."

Rosalie's jaw went slack, her face twisting into a look of horror and outrage. "No way are we actually going to do that."

Jasper smirked crookedly, unfazed by the animosity. Emmett chuckled; the sound coming from deep within his chest. He always reminded me of a bear when he laughed and now was no exception.

"That's a terrible idea," I spoke up, agreeing with Rose for once.

Emmett shook his head, his smile never wavering.