351-360

Chapter 351: The Drama King Wei Ting (Three Updates)

Emperor Jingxuan was completely caught off guard by Wei Ting's performance; he was utterly speechless!

How could you just express gratitude to the heavens like that?

Where's your backbone?

Did you let the dogs eat it?!

Emperor Jingxuan was so shocked that he couldn't utter a word for a long time.

To be honest, both the civil and military officials were also dumbfounded.

What the heck just happened?

It seemed like His Majesty granted a marriage, but then again, it seemed like he didn't.

The key point was that Wei Ting didn't even refuse!

He expressed gratitude to the heavens?

His Majesty hadn't even finished speaking, and he already expressed gratitude to the heavens!

This was simply—

The entire court was silent.

The Empress Dowager didn't come today, but she sent Cheng Gonggong to let the Emperor prove it to her.

Cheng Gonggong was standing guard outside the Golden Luang Hall.

He really couldn't bear to watch.

"You..." Emperor Jingxuan took a deep breath, finally finding his voice, "There's no need to force yourself like this. You are a hero of Great Zhou, your grandfather was a veteran of two dynasties, the Wei family has a long history of loyalty and righteousness..."

"Your Majesty," Wei Ting interrupted Emperor Jingxuan's words, his tone somewhat aggrieved, "I don't want to become a monk again."

Emperor Jingxuan gritted his teeth, "When did I let you become a monk?"

Wei Ting replied, "Last time."

Emperor Jingxuan was left speechless.

Wei Ting continued to explain.

Naturally, his tone was a mixture of aggrieved and helpless.

"Last time, Your Majesty granted me a marriage, but I disagreed. So Your Majesty punished me by making me become a monk."

Emperor Jingxuan was dumbfounded!

Did he force him to become a monk? Wasn't it this kid's own decision?

"Wei Ting, if you can't even look at one of my princesses, do you want to become a monk?" Emperor Jingxuan asked in frustration.

"Understood, Your Majesty."

And then this kid went off to become a monk!

Emperor Jingxuan had nowhere to reason, and his head was pounding!

Wei Ting took shamelessness and passing the buck to the extreme: "I won't dare anymore, Your Majesty. Whatever you say is what it is. If Your Majesty orders me to marry, I will happily get married."

So now it's all my fault?

Emperor Jingxuan's head was buzzing.

He rubbed his throbbing forehead and asked, "Where is Su Yuan?"

"Here, Your Majesty." Su Yuan stepped forward with his court tablet.

Emperor Jingxuan asked in a calm tone, "Do you have something to say?"

Su Yuan thought for a moment and replied seriously, "A ruler's words carry weight."

Emperor Jingxuan: "..."