141-150

Chapter 141 Search (Part One)

"Did anyone else see Yu Niang return to the Xiaosu family, aside from Sanlang?"

It was Qian Shi speaking.

Qian Shi never meddled in village affairs, so this was her first time speaking up.

But it wasn't surprising when you thought about it. After all, her daughter-in-law was delivered by Su Pangya, so naturally, she leaned towards Su Pangya.

The crowd turned to Liu Shenzhi.

Liu Shenzhi sighed, "I really didn't see anything. I went to cook."

"Where's Meizi's mother? Wasn't she working at the Xiaosu house?" a villager asked.

Mrs. Sun replied, "She went to the river to wash things! She wasn't there at that time!"

"Sanlang, are you sure about what you said?" Li Zheng asked Su Sanlang.

Su Can was displeased, "Li Zheng, what do you mean by that? Are you suspecting that we deliberately asked Sanlang to lie? How old is he? Ten! Can we teach him like that?"

Li Zheng said, "That's not what I meant..."

Su Can coldly snorted, "The Xiaosu family has prospered recently, and I know you're close to them, but you can't be biased towards them. Don't forget, if it weren't for our old Su family, everyone in the village would have starved to death long ago!"

With this statement, those who were initially inclined to speak up for the Xiaosu family fell silent.

Li Zheng was pushed back by the retort, but what needed to be clarified still had to be asked, "Sanlang, did you follow your sister after she entered the back door of the Xiaosu house?"

Su Sanlang shook his head, "I just went back to my room."

Li Zheng continued, "So, you couldn't confirm your sister's whereabouts afterward?"

Su Sanlang was stunned.

Qian Shi snorted, "Exactly, maybe Yu Niang left on her own again! She's perfectly capable! Who can restrain her? Saying that the Xiaosu family hid Yu Niang, where could they hide her? The place isn't that big! The whole family went to the town for business! They didn't return when Yu Niang went missing! How could they hide her?"

The villagers now witnessed Qian's formidable logic. She usually didn't pick fights, not because she couldn't, but simply because she looked down on it!

Look at this logic, it's flawless!

Indeed, Yu Niang disappeared when Xiao Wushi went to the river to wash salted eggs, and there were others at the riverbank who could testify that Xiao Wushi had been washing and hadn't left.

When Xiao Wushi returned to the Xiaosu house, Yu Niang was already gone.

Su Xiaoxiao and Su Er Gou didn't return until nearly noon, and Liu Ping came even later.

Now, which member of the Xiaosu family had the opportunity to commit the crime?

Don't even mention Su Laopu and Wei Ting; they were learning farming in the Li family's vegetable field, and half the village folks could attest to it.

Su Cheng sneered, "How about it? No more to say, right? Should we search the house? If we find anything, I'll let you chop off my head and use it as a ball!"

"I'll search, but there's nothing!"

It turned out to be Niudan.

He entered the Xiaosu house from the back door, searched around, and then exited from the front door.