313-320

Note: I was busy so I read 301-312 online and did not translate it.

Chapter 313 Expulsion from the Mansion (Second Update)

Jing Yi looked at her like this, feeling that she was unlike her sister.

If her sister heard about these things, she would be afraid and ask him not to continue.

But she had an uncommon courage among women in the world.

He said, "It was also done by the White Lotus Sect. That place used to be a stronghold of the White Lotus Sect, and all the bodies buried in the cellar were followers of the White Lotus Sect. It is rumored that the White Lotus Sect has a tradition of sacrifice... The authorities in Jingzhao Prefecture believe that those deceased may have volunteered for sacrifice."

Volunteered for sacrifice?

This White Lotus Sect is a big cult!

"How did the White Lotus Sect come about? How many years has it been in Da Zhou?" Su Xiao Xiao asked.

Jing Yi pondered, "It's unclear how it came about, it just... suddenly appeared, probably spreading its teachings for a dozen or twenty years."

Su Xiao Xiao seemed pensive.

She had heard from Wei Ting that the archer came from a martial arts organization that had been wiped out many years ago.

It's possible that the White Lotus Sect was founded by remnants of that martial arts organization.

That martial arts organization was annihilated by Wu Anjun, Wei Ting's grandfather, and the other side must have harbored deep hatred towards Wu Anjun and the Wei family.

Thinking of Wei Ting repeatedly encountering assassination attempts and the puppeteer behind the scenes manipulating the enmity between the Wei and Qin families, Su Xiao Xiao always felt that this White Lotus Sect was highly suspicious.

...

The Duke's Mansion.

Qin Canglan had just taken Su Cheng to visit the military camp. Next month, Su Cheng would be transferring his military authority, and before that, he hoped to let Su Cheng familiarize himself with the environment.

He didn't force Su Cheng to move back to the Duke's Mansion. Su Cheng needed to gradually adapt to his identity; he couldn't rush it.

Back in the courtyard, he had someone summon Steward Cen to the study.

"How is it on Qin Jiang's side?" he asked.

Steward Cen replied, "The imperial physician has examined him and said... the injuries are too severe, his right leg may be disabled."

Qin Canglan didn't say anything.

Steward Cen tentatively asked, "Sir, are you feeling sad?"

Qin Canglan gave him a cold look, "Are you crazy, or am I crazy?"

Steward Cen smiled awkwardly, "This one spoke out of turn."

Since the moment Qin Jiang framed Su Cheng, he was no longer innocent. Unless Qin Canglan was insane, he would never sympathize with Qin Jiang.

Qin Canglan thought for a moment and said, "Have them move out!"

Originally, considering that they were Qin family blood, he had provided them with a place to stay in the Western Courtyard. But unexpectedly, one after another, they were restless. Qin Yun was even young; he had attempted to harm Er Gou several times.

This time, they almost caused a fatal accident.

None of these troublemakers could stay in the mansion.