211-220

Chapter 211: The Wrath of Qin Canglan

After the rain, the sky cleared, and the capital was enveloped in a golden morning light.

A luxurious carriage slowly entered the palace, stopping in front of the Taihe Gate.

The guards, observing the noble figure descending from the carriage, quickly approached and greeted, "Third Prince!"

Xiao Chonghua casually raised his hand, and the guards were pleasantly surprised.

As an imperial prince, they were usually overlooked, but the Third Prince was approachable and friendly.

Xiao Chonghua smiled and asked, "Shouldn't I be the first to pay respects to Father and Mother after returning?"

The guard quickly replied, "Empress Mother has been unwell recently. The Crown Prince and Second Prince have already entered the palace."

Inside the Qixiang Palace, Empress Yanfei had just finished freshening up and was sitting at the dressing table selecting earrings when a palace maid reported that the Third Prince had arrived.

Empress Yanfei's eyes lit up, and she casually picked a pair of jade earrings before heading to the warm pavilion to meet her son.

Empress Yanfei was so excited that she choked up a bit, sitting on the Queen's couch, holding her son's face in her hands, and tenderly said, "You've lost weight... was the journey difficult?"

Xiao Chonghua smiled faintly, "Not too difficult, but it made Mother worry."

"Have you visited the Empress?" Empress Yanfei asked.

"I have."

As the Crown Prince, Xiao Chonghua had to pay respects to the Empress first, following the proper etiquette.

"Is my third brother back?" Huian Princess, with her charming voice, walked in gracefully, tugging her wide-sleeved celestial robe and entering the warm pavilion.

"Third Brother! It's really you!"

She ran over with a cheerful smile, taking a seat between Empress Yanfei and Xiao Chonghua.

Having been pampered since childhood, favored by the Emperor and Empress, and being Xiao Chonghua's younger sister, Huian Princess was quite spoiled.

Empress Yanfei hadn't had enough time to be affectionate with her son when her daughter pushed her away.

What could she say? She spoiled her too much.

"Hehe, Mother." Huian Princess didn't forget to greet her birth mother.

Empress Yanfei gave her a teasing look, "You're already grown up; act more like a princess."

Huian Princess hooked her arm around Xiao Chonghua's, coquettishly saying, "I'm still Mother's daughter and Third Brother's sister, right, Third Brother?"

Xiao Chonghua indulgently smiled, "Why did you get up so early today? Did you come specifically to wait for me?"

"Um..." Huian Princess's eyes twinkled.

Empress Yanfei chuckled, "I think you just want to sneak out of the palace again to find Aoting, right?"

Huian Princess retorted, "Who said that? I'm here to wait for Third Brother!"

Empress Yanfei continued to dismantle her daughter's act, "Your third brother didn't say he was entering the palace today!"

Huian Princess pouted, "Who cares? I'm just waiting for Third Brother!"