Districts Of Panem

This page is to hopefully help you and give you reference points for the research I've done and the information I'm basing this story off of, in addition to the books and movies created. 

This information--apart from my own creative changes--can be found online on several different websites. I am only placing it hear as a helpful guide to having information easily accessible as you are reading. 

You may take a look at the map above, that is how I envisioned the districts laid out, adding in where District 14 resides (original district).

To get started.... Well...Welcome.

While this world is based off of Suzanne Collin's Original Trilogy; The Hunger Games, I have taken creative liberties and made some changes. I do not own the rights to any of her characters or plots or storylines. I do own the rights to my own characters and my own plot lines and do not want to see them being used without my permission. 

While this story will overlap with the Trilogy, this is a Finnick Odair FanFiction, so it will start well before the 74th Hunger Games.

I welcome helpful critiques and supportive comments (Tell me what you like and dislike, respectfully) and I hope that you enjoy my story. :)

****For the purposes of understanding the beginning setting. In my FanFiction, there are 14 Districts. District 13 has still been destroyed, as punishment for the first rebellion. District 14 is still alive. ****

*********

DISTRICTS OF PANEM

     The Hunger Games' original settings of Panem are split into the Capitol and thirteen districts. This will change in this Fanfiction. The nation of Panem will be split into the Capitol and FOURTEEN districts.

     The Capitol houses the country's ruling class in lives of luxury, as well as their servants. By contrast, the districts are home to impoverished and oppressed people who produce all Panem's goods and see to the nation's needs.

     Panem uses harsh conditions and limited contact between the districts to curtail the possibility of rebellion. Each district is responsible for one essential good or service provided to the Capitol, with limited opportunities outside these industries. As a result, each one has a solid cultural identity around their common trade, and some have hidden enterprises outside the public eye.

     Panem also requires two tributes from each District, every year, 1 boy and 1 girl, between the ages of twelve and eighteen, to participate in the annual Hunger Games. A fight to the death, in which only one tribute will leave alive.

***

District 1: Luxury Goods

          District 1's primary trade is in luxury goods for the Capitol. They produce jewelry, ornaments, and similar items that contribute to the Capitol's decadent and ornate image. Rather than resources or means of survival, District 1 is entirely concerned with helping the Capitol maintain its luxurious lifestyle.

          This results in District 1 being, not only closer to the Capitol, but generally better off than most other districts. It's population is wealthy compared to most of Panem's citizenry. This extends to being able to raise and train Career Tributes to consistently win the Hunger Games year after year.