"Come on, let's get to this hotel and get checked in." Tammy said as she pulled me behind her. I got to the room and they gave me my room key. I had a bed and room to myself. I smiled. I jumped on the bed and set an alarm and took a small nap. Work had me so sleepy.

The alarm went off and I realized I need to hurry my ass up. I changed into some white jeans that were ripped where my knees were gonna be. I fixed my bang and brushed my hair. I applied some lip gloss and mascara and changed my shoes into some custom huaraches. Josiah has the same ones. I walked out and saw everyone looking happy.

"What's going on?" I asked. They pointed to Jasmine who was talking and I mean actually talking in her sleep. I knew she was just a little shy.

"Margate fans and family your bus is here!" Someone said we all loaded on and made our way to the stadium where the boys were going to be playing. We got off and walked in to our seats. As soon as I got some snacks our school's band and dancers came out. Tammy and I started to sing a long.

"Margate O Margate, there's no place got hate. We thrive we ride for dear Ole Margate. A place of which we appreciate old Doctor Tate for founding Margate O Margate!" (I made this up) We yelled laughing at our schools song. Everyone had there classic school song but ours changed continuously. Tammy and I laughed. It was then The boys and coach walked out arms linked together. Josiah's number was leading with Deandre and Tahji linked behind the coaches with the rest of the boys behind them. I smiled. He looked so damn good. They got in their lines and did stretches and got where they needed to be for the national anthem. The moment of silence came shortly after. Josiah took his helmet off and looked around the stadium. He rose his helmet and Tammy made me raise the hand I held with my soda. I just laughed.

"Let the Game Begin!" The announcer yelled. Josiah put his helmet on and started to get hype. He ran out on the field and started to play as if his life depended on it.

"Girl look he's about to make - Yeah!!" Tammy yelled I just laughed at her. She should've been a cheerleader.

It was crazy this game was about to end and the ball was in the other teams posesstion. When coach called a time out and put Josiah in the crowd cheered but I didn't. I was scared. Josiah had just got himself hit, and the Athletic Trainer told him to sit out on the bench and relax but did he listen...HELL NO !

"Come on Josiah!" My mom yelled. Chastity and Zione were looking exactly how I was. Worried.

"I don't think he's okay he's still limping." Zione said as if she was uneasy.

"I know, and he should listen to that sports nurse guy." Chastity said. Zione looked at her and agreed.

"Come on Josiah turn back around please." I begged for him to at least hear me over the cheers. But nothing. I should've been more realistic.

"Davis is back on the field." The announcer said. Josiah got in position and the whistle blew. The game started. The other team threw the ball and it was the fastest I've even seen Josiah go. He leaped into the air making us all stand to our feet. He caught it in time before someone ran into his side. I felt like I heard the snap. When his helmet flew off it was like I almost died. Tammy grabbed me and pulled me into her.

"Calm down. He's okay." She said rubbing my back. I felt another hand on me and I felt as Tammy leaned me away from her shoulder. Kamahi. She looked Faaaaat!

"He's good, look. " she said I looked and he was being carried by teammates back to the bench. He sat and kept shaking his head.

"I think he got a concussion." Someone above me said. I felt tears flow. I don't know why I was this emotional and it was sort of sad.

"Davis is off the field." The announcer yelled.

"Obviously!" Chastity yelled. Making me giggle. The game continued but what we all saw pissed me off. Josiah is trying to kill himself.

"Four more minutes in this game and Margate are positioned at the fifty yard line- AND WHAT IS THIS INJURED PLAYER Josiah Davis is coming back on the field! This boy just doesn't give up!" The announcer yelled.

"Please don't-"

"Another Margate first down!" The announcer yelled.

"QUARTERBACK GORDY PAIT, THROWS BALL TO OPEN RECEIVER JOSIAH DAVIS WHO'S OPEN IN THE END ZONE!"

"THE PLAY IS COMPLETE! MARGATE WINS! I REPEAT MARGATE WINS"

We all jumped out of our seats throwing our food up in the air happily. I smiled so hard until I looked on the field to see Josiah on the floor rocking in pain. I looked over towards his dad who was long gone. He went running with Claudia in tow with Jazzy bouncing on her hip. I wanted to go but at the same time I couldn't he's been scaring me all night. I'm mad at him and if he's okay I would kick his ass.

"He's lucky I love him." I said to myself as I took off running down to the field. I practically flew through the crowd. I was the first person to get to him.

"Shit! Man!" He yelled as he rolled on his back.

Might not get this but it's a good try lol.
80 votes
25 comments