01

Trinity Carter

I was simply walking down the hallway, when I felt someone purposely run into me. I ended up bumping into the lockers. Nobody said nothing not even a sorry. I picked up my glasses which fell off of my face. I walked into the classroom feeling loneliness. It was then my best friend came and sat next to me. She had the widest smile.

"I got you a date!" She said. I looked at her like she lost her mind.

"What, KK, why would you do such a thing?" I asked she frowned.

"Because, I don't want to go on another date knowing my best friend is sitting home alone watching some re-runs of Family Matters. " she said. I rolled my eyes.

"I never complained about it." I said.

"I know, your mom did." She said. It was at that moment I knew my mother thought I was going to be the crazy cat lady of the family.

"Don't make that face your mom doesn't want you to be that teen that doesn't have any memories." She said. I guess she was right the only real memory I've ever had was when I was invited to a party but decided not to go last minute, because I had to study.

"Okay, I'll go." I said. She smiled and quickly sent a text to someone.

"Who's my date?" I asked.

"It's a surprise." She said. I sighed.

"A blind date, really?" I asked and she nodded with a wide toothed grin. I rolled my eyes and started to do work and Kamahi(Ka-My) copied me as usual. When the bell rung I packed my stuff up and raced to the student parking lot where my car was. I hopped in and sped off campus. I loved school but people tended not to like me very much. I have no clue why. I was quiet and I was really shy.

My phone buzzed telling me I had a text message. I waited until I was at a red light to check the message

Momma❤ : Hey, Trini baby I bought some new clothes for you & Chas. Take what you like and leave what you don't.

Me: okay..thanks

I looked up and the light changed. I drove to the running park. I got out and made my way to the locker room portion of the park. I found a clean locker and stuffed my things inside. I quickly changed into my running clothes. I took my lock off of my bag and closed the locker and locked it. I walked out and was shocked to see the football team out here. I waited for them to finish on the track. Cause I truly didn't want any of them to push me while I was running.

"To the field!" Was all someone said and they all dashed happily. Who would've known throwing and catching balls would make boys so happy. I made sure all of them were gone before running my daily dose of three miles. When I was finished I went into the locker room and grabbed my towel and dove body wash. I went over to the single showers. I sprayed some disinfectant in one I had chosen and then turned on the steaming hot water to sanitize the shower. After I did that I hopped in and cleansed my body. When I was done, I changed into sweat pants and a tank top with my black Nike socks and black slides. I tied my hair which was soaked into a Karrueche styled bun. You know the one where her baby hairs lay perfectly framing her face.

"I can't believe you run twelve laps every day." A girl named Camryn said. I smiled.
"Yup, it's not that much." I said softly. She gasped.

"Not that much? I can barely run a half a mile." She said. I laughed.

"You'll get up there, trust me." I said. She laughed and walked away. I shrugged. I grabbed my bag, and took my lock off. I pulled out my car keys and walked over to my car.

I got in and started it. I drove home in silence. I loved music but I was just a bit nervous. I never been on a blind date. Usually the date knows who I am and then ditches me. I pulled up in my driveway and cut the engine off. I walked into my house I after getting out and locking the doors. I walked in and grabbed an apple and a bottle of water from in the kitchen. I walked up to my room automatically dropping my bag. I walked to my bed and looked through the bag of clothes.

"That's cute." I heard Kamahi say. I jumped and held the dress to my chest.

"Do you not know how to knock?" I asked she laughed.

"Oh, yeah!" She said loudly knocked the wall. I rolled my eyes at her childish ways.

"What time do we leave?" I asked as she walked in.

"They're picking us up." She said. I felt my eyes widen.

"Picking us up? Bitch where?" I asked. She laughed and pointed to my room's hardwood floor.

" Wow, KK this is not cool."

"Why my house and not yours?" I asked she shrugged.

"Maybe cause my daddy, is crazy and wants to kill Vincent." She said. I rolled my eyes.

"Well maybe Vince should've took you home instead of here that night." I said. She rolled her eyes at my statement.

"Shush, let me help you get ready. The boys should be here in about three hours." She said. I sighed.

"Okay." I said and she proceeded to rummage through the store bag. She pulled out something for herself and then for me.

"Okay, by the look of your sports bag. You went running and you smell like cucumbers, so you showered already." She said. I nodded. She came over to my head and touched my damp hair.

"You should wear it straight." She said happily. I never liked to wear my hair straight, it made no sense to straighten it when I was going to sweat it out. I shook my head and Kamahi caught a quick attitude.

"Let me beautify you, please?" She begged. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay." I said allowing her. She smiled and I blew a breath out. I turned on my Bluetooth speaker, and the sounds of Keri Hilson's Make Love, began to play. This was my favorite slow song. It was something about it that just made me love it.

"Okay, this looks cute." She said. I looked at the outfit she picked out. It was cute. But it wasn't me. I liked jeans, and sneakers and a T-shirt. I liked dressing up here and there but I rather wear 'basic' clothes as Kamahi would say.

"Why this color?" I asked she shrugged. She knew damn well these color choices were horrendous. I'm what some may consider 'dark skinned' and I knew these color tones weren't going to look great on me.

"I don't know, it's pretty." She said as she held it out to me. I simply took it and pulled my shirt and grey sweats off putting the clothes on.

"Come on let me do your hair!" She yelled. I walked into my bathroom to see Kamahi with my computer chair and all of my hair products and tools spread out on my counter.

"I'm going to make it bone straight with a center part." She said. I just nodded as I allowed her to spray my hair with my heat protector. She grabbed the blow dryer, when she was done I could seen in my reflection that my hair was fluffy. She grabbed other heat protector that I had, this one was more of an oil. She went section by section, when she was through. I hopped up but she pulled me back down.

"Girl I'm not done, I gotta put some make- up on you." She said. I was only going to put lip gloss on but I guess it was okay. One night only, right?

Trinity "Trinn" Carter In the MM