"But, best friend I don't feel that way?"

I felt like an asshole. Because I lied.

"JD bus now!" Coach yelled. He looked down at me and then to the bus. He pointed over and I just nodded. When he jogged back, I realized that I could've kissed him. And let him know that I like him back.
The bus moved off and then the fan bus pulled up just as his dad and step mom pulled with with my mom right behind them. We all got out and loaded our bags on and got ready for everything. The bus ride to the airport had me thinking. I had my earbuds in and y'all know them JVCs play no type of games. When we got to the plane I grabbed the bag and we went on. The boys were traveling first class. And we went to coach. You could hear them having fun already. But Coach Payne quickly shut that down as soon as he got on the plane. When we lifted off. I was scared of planes so I went to sleep.

"Come on Trinn we landed." Claudia said as she tapped me holding her daighter in her arms. I got up and grabbed my bag from the overhead compartment. I was walking out and I bumped into, none other than Deandre. It was the first time I've ever seen him since the night he kicked me out. He looked down at me and smiled.

"Look, your boyfriend, best friend, well whatever dude is to you, already got me good during practice and when I was by Vincent's place." He said. I looked up at him and he had a swollen face. And a swollen purple eye, with a broken blood vessel.

"How'd you break the blood vessel?" I asked as we walked out of the plane. He threw his bag on his shoulder and sighed.

"Josiah told coach Payne what I did and he made me lift triple my max." He said as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"I don't blame him." He said.

"I was an asshole. I'm surprised you're even talking to me." He said. I nodded.

"Do you think I should tell Josiah how I feel about him tonight?" I asked out of nowhere. I have no clue why I asked him. He looked down at the ground and slowly nodded.

"Yeah. You should tell him. He told us how you practically said okay, when he told you how he felt. He was hurt and thought about football and pushed his feelings to the side." Deandre said. Tahji walked over with a smile on his face.

"What you cheesing for?" I asked. He smiled.

"You wearing man's jersey you finally told him?" He asked. Both Deandre and I shook our heads 'no'.

"Come on Trinn. Tell the man. This is our last game before we depart. We all got our graduation requirements and got scouts, sponsors. His first game with us got us hella people wanting to sign us." Tahji said.

"Yeah, babes it's time you let him know." Tammy walked up. Her hair was bone straight, with a center part.

"I'm planning to tell him tonight." I said.

"Before or after our game?" The boys asked
simultaneously.

"I don't know yet." I said. Coach Payne and his whistle was heard making the boys run to wherever they needed to be.

"So, you going to his room or he's coming to yours?" Tammy asked. I looked at her crazy.

"Child don't look at me like that. I know you aren't a virgin. Kamahi told me when y'all were having that despute with each other. I rolled my eyes me and KK got into an argument I don't know why but we did and she went and told people my business. And I thought she was my best friend. Tammy listened to what she had to say and sent me screenshots and recordings of her talking shit. My mom told me she was jealous of the fact Josiah was slowly becoming my best friend. But KK was never around and when it was like that with Her and Vincent. I never acted the way she did. I still call her my best friend, she'll always be, she never can be replaced.