"Becky, you called!" Freen said, in relief. She didn't realize how tense she was until she breathed a sigh of relief at hearing Becky's voice. She put down her palette and brush and properly held the phone to her ear, walking over to one of the windows.

"Ka, I'm sorry na, I got busy with the kids' breakfast..."

"Ka, sure, that makes sense, I'm sorry na, I should have been there to take care of that with you. I don't know what came over me when I woke up, I just had to get here."

Becky laughed.

"What?"

"You sounds just like you." Becky said.

"Really?" Freen asked, an amused smile on her lips.

"Cai, it's very like you to suddenly rush to your gallery to get to work." Becky sounded like she was smiling, so Freen took it as a good thing. "How's it going?" Becky asked.

And it took Freen a moment to figure she was asking about her painting. "Oh, the painting... it's uh... actually... Becky, could you come by?"

"Ka, sure. Do you need anything from home?"

"Ka..."

"Tell me, I'll pick it up for you na. Have you left your favourite brushes or something here? I could bring lunch over too if you think you're gonna be there long... wait, have you had breakfast?"

There were sounds from the other end of the call that Freen figured Becky was rummaging through her art drawer at home. She smiled to herself. Becky was rambling away.

"You. I need you." Freen said, a huge smile on her face and she felt Becky's surprise at that statement, even though they were a few miles apart right now.

"Done, I'll drop the kids off at school and be there soon na?" Becky said softly. And her voice sent goosebumps all over Freen's skin, memories of the earlier night resurfacing to her brain.

Becky then filled the silence between them by saying, "I thought you would have had enough of me after last night..."

Freen chuckled, she was glad Becky couldn't see her right now, her cheeks were flushed. She was a woman well into her adulthood, yet crushing and blushing over the words of a woman who was already her wife. Ridiculous...

"I don't think I'll ever have enough of you, Khun Armstrong..."

Becky laughed loud and hearty. "Addressing me by our surname now na ka?" Becky teased.

"Be here soon na? I really just want to kiss you." Freen admitted shamelessly.

"Artists always find creative ways to tell you they want to use you..." Becky teased. And it really made Freen laugh.

"Oi... is that what you think I did with you last night?" Freen challenged.

"I don't know, babe.." Becky replied, still some jest in her tone. But Freen couldn't help but wonder if Becky really felt bad about her not being there in the morning when she woke up.

"Bebe ka... last night was..." Freen began but was cut off when she heard Sam call out to Becky saying Beckett ate his cookie.

"Babe, I gotta go, I'm sorry na, we'll talk once I'm there?" Becky asked.

"Ka, of course, I'll see you soon..."

"I love you, baby..." Becky said.

"I love..." but before Freen could finish, Becky had to cut the line.