Chapter 37

The next week, Khun Nun had invited all of them over for dinner. She had missed her grandchildren and thought it would be nice to have them over with Freen and Becky, and even Nam and Mind. Especially after Freen's little accident, she just wanted to have the whole family together for a nice evening.

Becky was not up for it. She argued that Freen's still recovering, and she shouldn't be putting herself at risk by getting out of the house unless it was really necessary.

"She hasn't seen me since the accident, and the kids want to go see her too, bebe..." Freen said.

"Babe, your hand is still in a cast. As much as you want to believe you're fine, the smallest of a fall or hit could hurt you really bad."

"I'll be careful. Plus I have you as a body guard na?" Freen tried to make light of the situation.

"Don't be naive, babe. Understand where I'm coming from. Mae and Khun Phom can come over here, we can do dinner here na?"

"Don't be ridiculous. We'd then have to worry about preparing dinner for so many people. I know I can't do it and I don't want you to fall under that pressure alone."

"I still think it's a bad idea, babe." Becky said, sitting on the bed, her face frowning.

Freen walked up to her and sat on her lap. "I think it's a good idea na. Now kiss me and let's go to bed." Freen said as she leaned in and kissed her girlfriend with ample gusto.

//

When the weekend arrived, the kids came running downstairs with their little backpacks on their backs.

"We're ready!" Emily squealed, excited to go see her Khun Yaa and Khun Pho.

"Come here my little babies!" Freen said, kneeling down near the kitchen isle and pulling Emily in for a tight hug with her non-injured hand.

Beckett ran into her too and hugged her, and when Becky saw he was pressing himself into her casted side. "Baby ka! Be careful na! Mama will get hurt."

"Becky, I'm fine." Freen assured her.

"No, they should know to be careful around you."

"Really, it's fine." Freen kissed atop Beckett's head and then got back up on her feet. She walked to where Becky was behind the kitchen island and pulled her close to her side. "What's wrong? Why do you look all bothered and anxious?" she asked.

"Because I am. I still think this is a bad idea." Becky said as she filled up another bottle of water for their journey.

"Look at me na..." Freen said. Becky turned to look at Freen. "I'm fine. I feel great. And I have nothing to worry about because I know you've over thought everything already. So stop stressing out, okay? I love you and I want you to have fun today. It's family day."

Becky smiled. "Okay ka." she said and leaned in to kiss Freen.

Freen's face chased hers when she pulled away. "Oh come on, give me a longer kiss."

"If you behave today, then you can get a longer kiss. I'll even get naked for you in the shower when we're back." Becky teased.

"Aww... that would be a nice end to a good day. And nice. We're teasing now. " Freen said, her eyes roaming down Becky's body.

Becky playfully whacked her shoulder. "Go sit down, I'll tell you when we're leaving. I'm just waiting for P'Mind and P'Nam to leave their place."

When the time came for them to leave, Becky got a little extra fussy about Freen's comfort in the car. She made sure thrice that her seatbelt wasn't too tight, neither was it lose, she asked her thrice if the temperature in the car was fine for her, and another 4 times along the way if she needed water or something to eat.