Chapter 55

Becky started moving around in autopilot mode then, she uncovered the ice cream sandwich she had made earlier, then pulled out a bottle of Hershey's chocolate syrup from the fridge, brought all of it out on the kitchen aisle. She then serve a piece of ice cream sandwich onto a plate, and pour the chocolate syrup on top of it.

She then took a dessert spoon out of the drawer, dug into the sandwich and the syrup and brought the spoon to Freen's lips.

"Try it... tell me what you think!" Becky looked so excited and proud of her creation.

Freen parted her lips just enough to take the bite and Becky watched her. She closed her eyes to really focus on the taste. It tasted divine.

"Mmmm... this is..."

Freen opened her eyes to see Becky's eyes had darkened at that little sound she just made. It was the same way she envisioned it in her dream. Her body reacted immediately, suddenly all too aware of Becky's proximity.

"This is...?" Becky asked.

Right, she didn't finish her sentence. "Really good!"

"Thanks na ka," Becky said with a soft smile. "You got some chocolate on your lips...let me get it..." Becky said and brushed her thumb lightly and slowly on the corner of Freen's lips.

Nothing about the touch seemed innocent. Freen was even willing to believe there was really nothing on her lips.

Becky looked like she had stopped breathing, she was still as a rock, her eyes focused on Freen's lips. Freen raised her hand up to hold Becky's hand against her cheek, she then turned her face just a little to kiss the corner of Becky's palm.

"Becky, what are we doing?" She whispered into Becky's skin.

Becky closed her eyes for a second and then took a step back.

"Nothing, just testing my dessert skills." She said, she then looked around the kitchen aisle, found some more plates and spoons and began serving more plates.

Freen went to the other side and began to help her out. They stayed quiet throughout serving, and then took the plates out to the rest of the table.

What followed was the usual banter across the table, and when everyone was done with dessert too, it was time for Freen to leave.

"Oh come on, we were just gonna start with Uno!" Heidi whined.

"I promised Khun Mae I'll have her home by 11, phi..." Becky said while putting her sneakers on.

"God! You'll sound like you'll are in high school all over again na!" Nam said.

Freen laughed. She kissed her children goodbye and then even kissed Nam's head and whispered, "It was not what you think you saw."

"Cai! Cai!" Nam said back loudly.

"I'll see you kids tomorrow after school okay?"

"It was so good seeing you again, Freen!" Heidi said, taking both of Freen's hands in hers.

"Likewise..." Freen replied. "I think?"

They laughed it off and then Heidi pulled her in for a hug. "I don't know if I'll run into you again before I leave, but take care of yourself na? And this wild-child here." She said, signalling towards Becky.

"Ka... I will."

//

Most of the drive was quiet, a comfortable quiet. When they were nearing Khun Mae's place, Becky reached out to Freen and took her hand in hers, and at the red lights, mindlessly played with her fingers.