CHAPTER 21

The next day, Michelle is abruptly awakened by the sound of Kc's voice outside her door, barking out orders to what she can only assume is the household staff.

Without warning, KC and Jake burst into the room with beaming smiles stretching from ear to ear, causing the door to slam against the wall with a resounding bang.

Without a hint of interest, she glares at them and tries to yank her covers over her head. Kc forcefully snatches the white sheep away, leaving Michelle stunned and bewildered.

"What do you think you're doing?" She exclaims, flinging a pillow at each of them with frustration. "I am on the verge of making a significant decision, and I need my rest. Leave me be for a little while longer," she asserts firmly. Jake stands by the door, grinning smugly. "And who knows, I might have been undressed," she retorts as she gets out of bed.

Jake strides into the room and stands next to Kc, watching intently as she makes her bed. When she notices their presence and their lack of movement, she turns to them and demands, "Hand over the pillows, please." She points to the pillows she had thrown at them earlier.

KC and Jake exchange a glance, and Michelle takes a moment to grasp what they have in mind. "If you don't mind," KC suggests, as both of them reach for the pillows.

"Ahhhhh!" Michelle screamed as two pillows met her body with force. She stumbles on the bed, trying desperately to push them away as they playfully hit her with the pillows repeatedly. Michelle's laughter resonates in the room as both friends fall on either side of her on the bed. Jake chuckles and kills in a laughing fit.

"You and I are going to become sisters in a few hours, Michelle." Kc breaks the brief silence that followed their laughter.

"I noticed," she whispers, looking up at the ceiling.

"Listen to me carefully," KC said in a firm tone. "You can not afford to undermine the position you're about to obtain by marrying my brother. It's time to weigh your options and prioritize your career goals above all else. Don't let this decision derail your future."

"Hey, that's not funny, Jake," Kc snapped. Michelle smiled but nodded in agreement. "And Michelle, I have to be honest with you. Becoming Donna is a huge responsibility, especially when it comes to public appearances. People are going to judge you, especially since you're not Italian. But don't worry, we've got your back. If it ever becomes too much, just reach out to any of us."

"I'm not ready for marriage," Michelle says. "But I will try."

"Excellent," they both declare as they rise from the bed and gaze down at Michelle, who sits up tall on the edge of the mattress.

"Enter now!" Kc's voice rings out, and within seconds, a group of women enter the room, each one holding make-up supplies and what appears to be her wedding dress. Despite her initial surprise, she quickly composes herself as she recognizes the woman who took her measurements for the dress.

"Well, rise and shine, dear bride. Today is your big day, " one of the women beams enthusiastically. "And now men allowed," she says, her statement directed towards Jake, who grumbles but complies.

After kissing KC Lovely, he turns to Michelle with a reassuring smile and says, "I'll be waiting for you at the altar, sweetie." With that, he leaves the room, gently closing the door behind him.

"I thought you had a few complications," Michelle says to the wedding dresser.

"They were fortunately fixed," she replied.

"Alright ladies, let's not waste any time. You go take a quick shower while we get everything ready here," KC says firmly. Michelle nods and heads towards the bathroom, closing the door behind her as she hears KC debating which shade would suit her skin tone better. As she takes a quick shower, thoughts of the name Igor Kuznetsov race through her mind, and her anticipation grows stronger by the minute.