CHAPTER 14

"What are you doing in our land fucker" Lorenzo said to the man tied up on his knees in front of him. Seeing his lack of speech, he motioned one of the men holding his personal belongings. "Steve," he read his name on his passport out loud. "You're not a Russian. So, who are you and whose dumb idea was it to try and steal from me?" He turned his gaze To the other three next to Steve. Who all shared an equally bruised state.

"Don, we found this in one of the other's bodies," a man said as he approached Lorenzo with a camera and a stack of photos.

Lorenzo analyzed to photos. "So," he said, a little too calm for their comfort. "Are you ready to talk and make this cleaner for all of us? Or do you wanna bleed? it's your choice, gentlemen?"

They all eyed each other, but the one in the middle next to Steve seemed to have had some kind of death wish as he shook his head, indicating for them to stay silent.

Annoyed, Lorenzo shot the man's thigh, and he watched as he screamed in pain.
The man made a big mistake as cursed in Russian. Conforming his suspension.

"Oh, so that's why you won't speak. Your accents could have given you away. It's pretty stupid of you to think you'd get away with death so easily, " he said as he handed the gun to one of his men. " I don't have time for this. Bring them to the estate. Fuck them up and get me their names" he said walking off the docks.

As he drove off, a phone call from Alessandro came.

"Did they catch them?" Alessandro asked

" Yes. But they won't talk. Adding up to my misery, " he sighed. "How's things that side?" Lorenzo asked.

"Missing your future wife already," Alessandro teased.

"Fuck off"

Alessandro chuckled and proceeded to speak. "She's Blanding in fine with Marshall and the others,"

" I'll be back by morning," he spoke and hung up.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Meanwhile, by the time the afternoon hit the next day, Michelle had been introduced to Lorenzo's tech team. Although Michelle loved technology, she loved free will. More than anything.

"OK, so here's your card. You'll be using it for your entry and exit. The boss also requested that your working space be in the office next to his." Marshall said, opening a door to a dissent-sized office.

"Is that his office?" she pointed to the huge double doors.

"Yes. But he doesn't let anyone in with permission." He said. "And it's also locked so..." He trailed off.

"Cool" was all she said.

"So I'd like to ask you about your firewall. I mean, it's amazing. It took me an entire week to uncover your smoke screen. How'd you get so good with only four years of computer science?." Marshall went on as she took a step inside her new office.

"Guess I'm just better done you?" She joked. That caused a nervous smile to wreck Marshall's face as he scratched the back of his neck.

"I guess you—"

"Michelle," a female voice interrupted Marshall.

"Yes."

"Oh, Mr Rovello just got here. He's in his office and would like to have a word with you," the lady said.

"I'll catch you later Marshall it
Was nice meeting you." Michelle said, walking toward the lady

"Yeah, if you need me, I'll be on the 5th floor in my office. In the meantime, I'll just put you in the system. Since you left your laptop in my office," he shouted, running towards the. The elevator as was about to close. Michelle waved and turned to the lady who now stood in the hallway.