Chapter Hundred And Fourteen

In the last few days, major changes took place in the lives of Pandavas, their whole family and the whole country. The night the war ended after Krishna reviving Uttara's womb, cursing Ashwathama, the Pandavas performing the last rites of their kids and Pitamah, it was now confirmed that a grand coronation ceremony of Yudhistir being crowned as the Samrat of the whole Aryavrat was to take place.

It was ofcourse a little uneasy for everyone to participate in the grand ceremony after such a massive bloodshed. But as it was necessary, they all had to leave for Hastinapur soon after the war ending for it.

Drishti currently sitting in her palanquin all lost and mundane, stared out through the little gap between the curtains in a dazed manner, a little frown remained constant on her face. She was in a much better mental state that she had been a few days ago but supposedly it would still take weeks for her to be normal or even more.

Since then as usual, she didnt speak much, only responding when it was required and the rest of the time she remained aloof and quiet. Last night was probably the only time she had actually spoken more than just two words at a time when she had found Draupadi sitting alone in her room and crying quietly over the loss of her sons.

Drishti had gone in and enveloped her in a long comforting hug, hoping it might ease even a fraction of what Draupadi was enduring. She hadnt had anything to say to Draupadi because no amount of words or consoling would have lessened her pain so she simply let her cry until she wanted, without saying much.

Unlike most people, Draupadi didnt ever blame the death of her sons over Drishti, suprising her to some extent. But Drishti was aware, Draupadi would never, as neither did she nor had she let Drishti take the blame on herself. Even though Drishti hadnt said that to her or anybody but in her opinion, Draupadi didnt deserve any of it, no one did.

Sighing, Drishti blinked staring out of the curtains the whole time when she had seen Arjun mounted on his horse walk close to her palanquin. His gaze set in ahead of him, watching him she knew what he was feeling. Even though in the last few days they barely interacted at all, as he was busy in a lot of things, but she knew he was way too much broken after witnessing the death of the people who were so close to him and then there was the death of his sons. He never really got to spend time with any of them before, this was the only time they all came together which ended like this.

She knew he grew extremely silent after everything, all the Pandavas did but his pain was something she was able to feel the most. There was nothing more she could do than pray for him to heal from all the trauma. There wasnt much he expressed and had been bottling up since days which scared her. Ofcourse it wont be easy to let go of everything hurting him but she wanted nothing else at the moment.

Also a part of her broke remembering the last time they ever spoke which was almost a week ago, the night Karn died. She remembered screaming so badly at him, calling so many hurtful things and blaming him for it and it was much later when she had realised she had said such things to him which she didnt mean at all. She hated herself for it as it was becoming her habit now, this was not the only time she did that but she didnt know how to even try explaining that but over the years the mental damage which was slow and cruel, had ruined so many things for her. One of them was loosing the ability to think at all whenever something traumatises her.

Though that didnt justify the amount of hurt she inflicted on him and had mentally noted to apologise properly whenever he got time because her relationship with him was probably one of the last things which she didnt want to lose at all. She simply wished she was able to express everything in a better way, then all of it would have been so different.

Just like that lost in her thoughts, she happened to realise that they have finally reached Hastinapur. The welcome was ofcourse grand and special, they all moved forward to the entrance of the castle where Vidhur, Kunti and Dhritarashtra stood. Drishti frowned to herself on not seeing Gandhari. It already worried her immensely thinking of how the whole war must have affected her.