Chapter Eighty Seven

Drishti, along with Drashika and Karnika stared out of the window on seeing several chariots and horses stopping and lining in front of the main entrance of ashram causing her eyes to widen in surprise

"Why did they have to come here right now?" Karnika groaned her mood turning unpleasant instantly.

The edges of Drishti's lips turned up and she chuckled moving out to greet all the guests arrived who started getting down of their horses and chariots. Drishti stood there with arms open for the crowd to quickly topple her in a hug and so it happened.

"Maa!" The bunch of teenagers ran towards with full force and Drishti's heart just welled up after hearing their voice after so long. The last she met them was a few months ago before all of them went on a trip to Kalinga.

"We missed you!" Drishti almost stumbled on being engulfed in a hug of atleast six kids who were her lifeline. She peered up at the sky while being held tightly in that bear hug, trying to blink away the tears because that feeling of almost having a family always overwhelmed her.

"And I missed you all too, so much." She murmured in a shuddering voice which was indicating that she might break down soon if held any longer now.

She pulled away slightly not completely detaching from them, though staring at their faces seeing how much they changed over the summer, one of her hands went up to cup the face of the youngest in the group, "Look at you Vrishketu, you've grown so much—" Her eyes roamed at all of them, brimming in sheer happiness, "Infact all of you have grown so much— Lakshman, Vrishsena, I look so tiny in front of you!"

The bunch of kids laughed before the prettiest maiden to ever exist spoke up with a chuckle, "Lakshman had been practically hanging upside down by the tree whole summer to grow taller, Maa!"

"Atleast people dont assume I am younger than Devika," Lakshman squinted his eyes playfully at his twin sister, while someone else was offended, "Excuse me, what's that suppossed to mean?"

"Being compared to worse, which means Lakshmana didi is indeed in bad luck with her height—"

"Shut up, Drumsena!" Devika glared at her older brother by four years while the others chuckled at their bickering. Before anybody else could say anything they were already interrupted by an adorably bossy voice, "If you elders have had enough with your nonsense, I'd like to know if you've come here to take me back."

"Ouch, Karnika," Lakshman mocked with a hand on heart moving towards the tiny fuming bird, "I thought, if not them, you considered me your friend, but you came here immediately after arriving from Angdesh and didnt even meet me."

"Well," Karnika sighed folding her arms, "Its more of the fact that you were busy with your other friend."

Drishti chuckled towards the two shaking her head, "Okay Missy, you dont have to be so harsh on all of them, just like you they too are free to spend time here."