Chapter Ten | Popcorn?

Almost all the participants failed to complete the task. Draupadi was getting too anxious by each passing moment because the one person who deserves to win her was not coming forward.

Meanwhile Drishti rolled her eyes yawning watching the failed attempts of the participants. It was like watching a boring movie, she really craved for popcorns at that moment.

Popcorn? What is that? She heard Krishna's voice in her head and flinched giving him a harsh glare saying Why are you reading my thoughts!?

You are not the one alone who is getting bored, I also want to entertain myself and to hear your thoughts are the most interesting and funny kind of time pass. Krishna smirked at her playfully she gaped at him

She rolled her eyes later and thought back I wish I could tell you or maybe I could show you but I cant.

Who says you cant? Krishna raised an eyebrow at her. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

Keep your right palm in your lap and imagine whatever you want to eat. Krishna nodded at her encouragingly causing her to widen her eyes, she immediately did as he told and closed her eyes imagining popcorns.

Just next moment she felt some light weight in her palm and opening her eyes she saw there was a packet of popcorns. She could have screamed so bad and loud that her voice might have reached Hastinapur but Krishna already interrupted her from screaming. Dont scream!

But - How? - This - I did - magic!? She was too shocked to even think straight. Krishna chuckled shaking his head and turned his attention to the popcorns in her hand, So...?

She glanced back at the popcorns excitedly. Not believing she was able to do magic. Its was like her Harry Potter fantasy came true. She tore the packet of popcorns raising it towards Krishna offering him he held a playful confused look while picking a piece up accompanied by her.

Hmm nice. Krishna said through mind and she grinned. Draupadi shockedly glared at the two who watched futile attempts of several Kings and Prices go in vain while eating popcorns. Suddenly something clicked in Drishti's mind as she remembered Angraj Karn was to perform too and knew how Draupadi will insult him.

Oh god.. she did not want that.

"Is there no Archer who had the special ability to fulfill this task!" Suddenly Drupad sneered at the large crowd of the competitors. Several of them gave him distasteful looks.

Drishti's eyes fell on Duryodhan who smirked evilly and stood up. But Drishtidyum was quick to interrupt him. "Yuvraj Duryodhan, you have already failed once you cannot participate again!"

Duryodhan glared at Drishtidyum before saying "Firstly, Kumar Drishtidyum you have organised an baised competition, if the task was about wrestling I could have defeated all of them-"

Krishna and Drishti snorted, too loudly this time at Duryodhan causing him to stare at the two wide eyed in anger both covered up their laughs by coughing and Krishna spoke up "Please continue what you were saying Yuvraj Duryodhan"

"- what I was saying was that in my place Angraj Karn will participate on my behalf and win Draupadi for me!" Everyone gasped knowing Karn was a good archer and had a chance of winning.

Drishti stared at Karn who got up going towards Duryodhan with a proud smile assuring him that he would do the task for him. But Drishtidyum interrupted again "No! No one can participate on someone else's behalf! The one who will complete the task will only win Draupadi!"

Duryodhan had a tensed look now, while Drishti was feeling highly anxious knowing what was about to happen. Meanwhile Draupadi looked like she would faint due to the stress.

"Fine then!" Duryodhan yelled "Angraj Karn will win Draupadi for himself!"

Karn stared at his friend a little shocked. Meanwhile Drishti felt extremely bad about what was to come. After a while Karn nodded confidently at Duryodhana and turned to where the bow was kept and glanced at a tensed Draupadi before moving to the centre.

His gaze unknowingly went to the girl beside the bride to be, Drishti, He stared at her for a little longer than required causing her face to turn red as she looked away despite the stress.

Karn reached to the centre of the ground near the bow and joined his hands in front if it. Suddenly Draupadi's hand made it way to hold Drishti's and Drishti saw how extremely worried Draupadi looked.

"Dont worry, Draupadi-" Drishti whispered worriedly but was interrupted by Krishna.

"You know the meaning of Swayamvar right Sakhi?" Krishna said causing the girls to look at him confused.

"A girl chooses the person who she wishes to marry willingly, unless the girl doesnt want to marry the person she can always say no to them."

Both Drishti and Draupadi stared at Krishna once he finished. Draupadi stared at him in understanding while Drishti stared at him in shock recently discovering that Krishna encouraged Draupadi to insult Karn in front of everyone.

All of their eyes darted to Angraj Karn who suddenly picked up the bow with just one hand like a piece of cake. Drishti stared at the muscular man who pointed the bow to the sky while he stared at the fish's reflection in water.

He could have won... A thought in the back of Drishti's head said. Duryodhan and his family members clapped loudly while the others stared in shock.

Draupadi was fiddling with the hem of her chunni anxiously not knowing what to do while Drishti prayed everything to happen in a much easier way. But that was not what destiny wanted.

Karn took out an arrow and stretched it on the string of the bow staring intensely at the reflection of the fish in water.

"STOP!" Draupadi yelled before Karn could shoot the arrow in the sky.

*Author's Note*

*Author's Note*

Q. Do you think Drishti can save Karn from humiliation?

Vote, comment and follow me!!!❤️