Chapter Eighty Six

*Note*

Leaving the country already coz, u guys gonna be after me with knives and guns now..

Khatam, tata, bye bye, gaya!🏃🏻‍♀

Khatam, tata, bye bye, gaya!🏃🏻‍♀️

"Kritika?"

A faint whisper left her mouth with eyes widened in shock and despair on seeing her best friend there. Drenched, covered in bruises looking extremely weak.

"Drishti." Kritika's eyes filled up with tears as she looked on the verge of breakdown and her knees almost gave up as she collapsed to the floor and Drishti tried to hold her quickly.

"Kritika w-what happened?- T-This child?-" Drishti was speechless with the shockingness of the current situation, "W-What are you doing here like this- what happened Kritika?!"

"Drishti, m-my husband- he is threatening to kill my daughter-" Kritika sobbed mercilessly and Drishti's heart wrenched hearing that as her eyes fell down to the sleepy baby girl in the casket. Tears streamed down Kritika's face as she continued, "He killed our first daughter and now he is after her. I couldnt save her but now I wont let it happen to her, I found out you lived here thats why I have come to drop her here-" Kritika held Drishti's hands tightly with desperation in her eyes and tone, "Will you please take care of here, Drishti please- I have no one else. You are the only one I can trust, Please Drishti please dont say no."

With that Kritika broke again letting out heart rendering cries making Drishti's soul surge through pain on seeing what her best friend's life had come to. She could have never imagined that almost three years back when she said her final goodbye to her, she was letting her go to this life. Drishti's viens surged with boiling blood at the fate which had put everyone of them through this. No one was happy and it was all the cruel fate's fault.

"Dont worry, Kritika," Drishti finally spoke trying to calm the storm of rage in her for the monster her friend was stuck with, "We will go and get your husband absolutely killed! He will not live another moment now, I promi-"

"No Drishti, please, I dont have much time," Kritika said sharply, fear clouding her eyes with the strong sense of seriousness in her tone, "I just want my daughter to be saved and the only one I trust, is you."

Drishti felt her stomach sink deeper with that heavy awful feeling, "W-What do you mean you dont have much time?" Drishti saw how Kritika closed her eyes briefly trying to stop something so powerfully trying to break through her, while Drishti felt worried to core. Kritika inhaled sharply, "I am sick, Drishti. I dont know how much time I have. Before it all ends, I just want to make sure my daughter is in safe hands."

Drishti didnt realise the tears were streaming down her face until they fell on her palm and then her eyes fell to that quietly sleeping babygirl, who looked exact same like her mother and the beats in Drishti's heart were fading. She watched as Kritika picked up her sleeping daughter with extreme care like she was a fragile doll made up of glass and held her close to her heart, planting her lips softly on her forehead and whispering something to her sweetly.