Chapter Twenty Five | Flowery Welcome

"I seriously think you should elope" Drishti grumpled causing Dushala to gasp loudly and look around immediately to check if anyone heard her in the corridor, thankfully nobody did

"Do you even think once before speaking?" Dushala asked hitting Drishti lightly on arm.

"You seriously dont know Dushala what kind of shit you are getting yourself into! If I were in your place I would have ran away a lot earlier"

Dushala chuckled at Drishti who was so desparate even now to get Dushala deny getting married. "And who do you think I should elope with then? I dont even know anybody who'll agree to that"

"Am I not enough for you?" Drishti asked gaping at her friend "Why would you go out searching for anybody else when you have me? You know in my primary school I would always run away at the lunch time and then my class teacher would come dragging me back to the school by my ear, oh gosh I just hated her she never let me enjoy anything!"

Drishti ranted continuously while Dushala listened to her friend with a smile, she knew she was going to miss that silly girl the most now, even after having spend the least time with her.

Today they were all returning from Sindh with the king and the whole castle was being readied for the arrival future son in law of Hastinapur. Drishti and Dushala, just like everybody were expected to be present at the time of the their arrival, except Dushala would be watching her future husband from somehwere far, and not come in his sight.

Although Mata Gandhari denied that Dushala shouldnt be there, but upon Drishti's insistence, that Dushala should see how awful her future husband is, Drishti managed to get the permission from Dushala's mother, who found Drishti's arguement rather childish. Everyone thought that Drishti doesnt want Dushala to get married because she doesnt want to be left alone, that was correct, but partly.

"Okay, now you can go and stand there, Dushala, I will handle Drishti from here" Draupadi said with a smile holding a grumpy Drishti's hand. Dushala chuckled going away and standing at the place she was told to. All of Drishti's happiness of Karn and her friend's return was ruined by Jaydrath's soon arrival.

"They might be coming any moment now" Draupadi said a bit excited peering over in the crowd. Drishti sighed exasperatedly and leaned her head on Draupadi's shoulder closing her eyes, she was in no mood to see that awful man.

"Isnt she so moody and dramatic?" Arjun whispered to his younger brother Nakul, standing at a distance watching Drishti having her head leant on Draupadi's shoulder.

"You keep a rather peculiar eye on whatever she does, Bharatshree" Nakul responded teasingly raising an eyebrow at his brother. Arjun made a face of grimace and just turned away.

Suddenly the loud beating of drums and instant chatters in the crowds alarmed everybody of the arrival.

Opening one eye with her head still over Draupadi's shoulder, Drishti watched how people were making way for the chariots entering from the grand gate. The first chariots were of Dushasan and Mamashree, Drishti could see the pride and happiness written all over their faces and the same was with Duryodhan and Karn, except Karn appeared a bit calmer and rather unbothered from what he was returning.