Chapter Fifty

Drishti felt a rush of shiver run down her spine as the aura was suddenly all nervous for her

Drishti felt a rush of shiver run down her spine as the aura was suddenly all nervous for her. She gulped readying herself to hear whatever Krishna was about to tell her. She would be lying if she said she wasnt scared at all, because she was, just too much to hear what he was going to say.

"The date goes back to thousands of years, when everything was so different from now. People used to be loyal, kind and empathetic towards all the living beings, when the world was actually an ideal place to live. There was compassion and harmony amongst the people for each other. Thousands of years back, in Sat Yug."

Drishti's breath hitched, that old?

"A normal human beings gets seven chances to be a better human, seven chances of life on earth. And it was your fourth life in Sat Yug, when you were born as Anamika, in a noble brahmanical family-"

"What?!" She interrupted him as she was highly confused. He gave her a look after being interrupted when he was story telling in such a delightful mood. "Do you mean I am reborn? Oh.." Suddenly she giggled, "But I know I am not getting any chance to be reborn again anymore!"

He smiled at how even in the hardest situations she still never stopped smiling, she never let the grief take over completely, that was her best quality.

"Do you they really make fritters in hell? You are my friend, can you save me in future?-"

He squinted his eyes at her and she understood as she needed to be serious at the moment and listening about her past life which was an interesting topic to her. "Okay, continue, my name in my past life was- uh what was it?"

"Anamika," Krishna said and warned her to not interrupt him despite knowing very well that was she going to but continued nevertheless, "You were married to another brahman, named Anirvinya." He stopped to glance and smile at her, listening thoughtfully, "Who is Karn of this era."

That moment her mouth fell open and stomach bloomed. She was married to Karn in her past life? Really?! That explained her feelings towards him since the beginning, when she had no reason to be in love with him, but she still was. Her heart was now thumping loudly at the imagination of her and Karn once being married.

They were husband and wife! Why was she finding it so hard to believe. It had now arised a hundred questions in her mid again but before she could ask, Krishna already spoke with a gentle smile, "You are going to get all the answers, Sakhi, just have patience."

She was too thrilled to even care of that unknown term now. Patience? Who? Chuckling at the look on her face, Krishna shook his head and continued, "You both lived a pretty peaceful and happy life, until one day."

There it was again, the part she always hated. Krishna's expression took a serious turn as he spoke in a little grave voice, "When one day you were cooking for your husband and a rishi came to your house asking for alms and you had nothing to give to him, you politely asked him to forgive you and leave but he asked how could you return him empty handed when you had cooked a whole meal for your husband. You tried a lot to convince him that the food was for your husband who was about to break his fast, and he needed to have that food but the more you tried the angrier that rishi got."