Interesting Sheets!

The first night of Lorian's funeral was organised on the day of his death. Mordan had that night an impressive dream that felt so real, but he only remembered seeing huge sea waves. The news spread quickly all around the quarter, largely because the widow Chouffirah's cries and laments on the roof of the house went hardly unnoticed. Some women, including Tamirah, came to the house to send condolences to Chouffirah.
Then, after appeasing the widow, who had to wear a big black dress to match her oversize body, they started helping her in organizing the funeral by making meals for the visitors.

Lorian's friends and acquaintances came to send condolences too, and to help organize the funeral. They had first to rent a Eunophian priest to pray for him, then there was a chance for everyone who wants to see him for the last time, then they covered his whole body in a big black cover. They have buried him in the afternoon and in the coastal grave behind the northern wall of the city. In the next two days of the funeral, most condolers, men and women, were wearing black robes. Frski had to welcome new ones with the traditional way, offering them a silver mug of water and small bowls of rice with honey and fried peanuts.
"I am sorry for your loss,", the newcomers said when they passed by Frski, who was silently weeping. As for Mordan, he felt distracted, for his father had told them about what to take for their will before dying, he had reserved for Mordan a small ornamented wooden box that contained what he said was the legacy of the Assiniys, plus a generous quantity of stars. He got very curious to know about the content of the will.
Mordan felt annoyed by the amount of questions from the men in the funeral about his plans for the shop, others were suggesting him some buisness offers. Jaff, the old dark-skinned grocery owner who came to the funeral as well, insisted to Mordan that he must take precautions against the decree 22, since it would probably take down his shop as it is like a crawling. However, the young man was vaguely concerned about such matters for that moment. On the last funeral day, even a Salawanian noble came to the funeral of Lorian, he suggested to Mordan that if he made for his wife the best ornamented boots for half their price, he would talk to officials to save the shop from decree 22.

When the funeral ended, the house felt empty. Only Tamirah, her mother, and another woman were left to rearrange the house after the ceremony. Mordan entered the house after spending dawn contemplating the sea in the eastern walls, his mother yelled: "Where have you been again?!", she looked mad at him when she turned from making up the living room which was consisting simply of a thick carpet, pillows laid on the walls, and pliable tables.
"I was_out there_"
"Where out there?!", She interrupted, and her fat head with its partly grey hair became very red, "Don't tell me that you're still not restoring your father's shop! Obviously you are not, so Shame On You!"
There was a silence, then she continued,
"When will you open the shop?! When will you grow up and pursue your fathers' traditions?! Listen, if you don't open that shop and honor your name, neither I know you, nor you know me, agreed?" He wanted to say something until she interrupted, "Now, go and hide yourself from my sight!"
She clearly didn't know that Lorian didn't care whether his son restores the leatheries shop or not, he thought. He also felt better not to tell her now, for he should first investigate the content of the box.
He headed by the stairs to the top of the house. Frski, unsurprisingly, was sitting on the edge of his room roof. He was there since the end of the funeral two days ago.
"It's a beautiful scenery, isn't it brother?", said Mordan.
"Yes, Mor..How're you today?"
Mordan stepped lightly on a big metalic bottle of water in which their mule drinks. He pushed himself with arms on the roof succesfully but halted for a time.
"Fine, Frski. And you?"
Frski looked at him, "You know, many people at the funeral have been staring at me nastily, and they were also talking behind my back," Mordan sat next to him on that edge, Frski continued, "They think I was the cause of my godfather's death."
"Better not to listen to those rumors, they are pointless."
"What if they're true, Mordan?!" He stared at Mordan widely, "Once my people started to settle down in this town, we only know problems, the decree 22, the goods crisis, and so on, brother! What if your father is dead because I am here?"
"You idiot, these things are caused by natural causes, what brought Yoqorians here to the town was, in itself, a consequence of some other causes."
Frski became confused, and Mordan suggested: "Shall we get down for that funny box?"

The wooden ornamented box was medium in size, its keys were often worn by Lorian as a necklace under his shirt. The box was hidden and placed in a secret space under the floor of the bedroom. Mordan oppened it. He and Frski peered into its content: a large old book, an old large folded sheet, and a smaller one, and three ingots of gold.
Mordan prefered to leave the book, the most delicious part, to the end. He took out the smaller sheet and unfolded it, it was a apparently a letter. Frski has already grabbed the large folded paper and peered into it, "It's a cursed map!" he said joyfully and added,
"A map of Yoqori, Mor!"
"Foreign!" Mordan exclaimed and looked on the large paper before replying, "Mine is a letter, may I read it?"
"Yes, go along!"
"Sure, It's from Assin, my great grandfather, my family name is derived from his.", Mordan coughed slightly and started from what he thought was the most essential part:

"The one who reads this letter should be an Assiniy, and if he or she is the concerned with the mission naturally inherited, he or she is living in an era when Yoqori is witnessing several issues, mainly from the mighty Benissian empire, that is now using weapons far from the imagination of the average human in my era. Most importantly, Yoqori is finally witnessing the great unification, after, certainly, more than two hundred years since I am writing this letter. Yoqorians are starting to widely co-operate, to elect a leader and to build a nation. You are also currently witnessing severe economic problems, and political and social revolts in your kingdom Soronia including Salawan. The two neighboor countries, Mistrmoundia on the south and Dalgania, are respectively suffering from pandemics that damages humans and their agriculture_", Frski interrupted:
"How did he know?! I have heard that it has really happened there!"
"Curious, it's three hundred years ago, Frski!" Then he continued reading:
"And from the chaotic and overly tyrannical outlaw groups.
These are signs that the old is decaying and the new is being born. Greed, pride, and fear may tear down the realms, unless, if the matter is thoroughly considered, the Reunification of Yoqori happens, a powerful nation to restore peace and justice and to chase away the corrupter.
As for the mission the Assiniy must follow, I should first say that I have found in Yoqori land a secret and a powerful concrete matter, certainly unknown to the vast majority of the world, and probably to the professional minority. Only I and my chosen descendants could find it. Eventhough I wish a unified nation in my land, the conditions made it clear that Yoqori's prosperous future is far away in time, that is why I rely on my chosen descendant to start the quest of re-finding the secret powerful matter, to unlock its uses, to deliver them to the newly formed Yoqorian nation, for it will use it to defend the land from all its sides, it will be the strong sword in the right hand. May it be known to the reader that the map in the box shows the road to where the matter exists, and the book shows all about the functions and the uses of the matter. The gold are, hopefully, the sufficient reserves for the voyage. Farewell, dear traveler!"

There was a momentary silence, Mordan was slightly frowning, and Frski pointed to the map while saying, "I know much of these places!"
The mission is obviously to extract a certain matter from Yoqori to use it for the Yoqorian nation's advantage, he concluded. That is indeed a tiresome task, At last, Mordan took the large book carefully and oppened it, then sneezed because dust filled his nostrils. "What a mess!" He proclaimed.

That book was in a foreign language they have never seen nor heard about. Mordan catched his breath, he thought that his dream to exit that doomed city may finally happen, what interesting sheets !

To be continued

+++
Hello, thanks for reading, if you were enjoying it, please don't forget to upvote and to leave a comment. Also feel welcome to share your thoughts, expectations and suggestions!