Troubles: Levi x Injured Athlete Reader

Start from the beginning

"What makes you so sure?" You ask, furrowing you brows, "Because, you're resilient like that, annoyingly so." he mutters and you can't help but chuckle.

A few weeks go by and eventually, you're being put into surgery, the doctor said something about taking an autograft and putting it in replace of the old ligament, but you don't really know what any of that means, you just want to get better already.

You come out of surgery and Levi takes care of you while you rely on your crutches for a couple more months.

"Fuck!" You shout, throwing a pillow from your bed at the wall, the only time you don't need crutches is when you're laying down.

"You good?"

"This brace is fucking annoying, and not being able to do anything is fucking annoying, fuck Traute, fuck my knee, fuck my life, and-" You cut yourself off, "I hate this."

Levi moves over to your side of the bed, "You've only got maybe another month or two, you'll be better in no time." He comforts, voice soft.

You know, but for some reason you're still so damn angry.

The only reason you got a scholarship was because of football, you genuinely have no idea what's going to happen to you, even though you will recover to some extent, you won't be able to run at full speed ever again, there's just no way. Traute ruined your fucking life.

Before you can even process what's happening, Levi's arms are encasing you, and that's when you realize that you started crying.

"Shit, I'm sorry I-" you stammer.

"Shut up."

The tears start to fall harder but Levi just pulls you in tighter and you wrap your arms around his torso, you've never hugged anyone this warm, you think you could fall asleep here.

"Just shut up." he whispers.

"Thank you, Levi." you murmur in between tears.

.

It's been months. And you're proud to say that you're finally off your crutches, and God does it feel good.

"You look happier than usual," Levi raises his brows, you showed up at his front door, and he notices something different about you, you've got a shit eating grin across your face and there's some type of emotion in your eyes that he can't quite make out.

Suddenly it clicks.

"Wait, where are your cru-"

You cut him off by smashing your lips onto his, both of you still standing in the doorway, Levi's hand instinctively goes to the small of your back, and his other to your waist, scared that you might fall or something, but he doesn't falter, his lips dance with yours and he hears you hum into the kiss, he tries to ignore the way it makes his heart flutter.

At one point he breaks off for air but dives right back in before you can say a word, his grip on you tightening, you keep your lips on his as you walk him back into the house, and you kick your good foot out to shut the door, you move your arms from the back of his neck so that your cupping his face, Levi's heart literally skips a beat when you smile into the kiss, you're intoxicating.

You finally break off and you're still smiling like an idiot.

"Just left the doctors office, came straight here, they said I can finally get off my crutches and that- that my chances of recovering completely are really high and I just have to be careful and-"

Levi looks like a deer in headlights, his eyes are so wide they might pop out of their sockets, and he doesn't think he's ever felt so relieved and happy for someone else before.