Thief: thief Levi x injured Reader (pt 1)

scratch the military au bc I have absolutely no idea how to write that, so here's a long one-shot that I might split into two parts abt the reader being a thief in the underground, this is lightly inspired by a small fic I read earlier 👍 oh and in this one shot (and in more coming) pretend Levis like 5'11 or 6 ft or something😭 I forgot to explain this but the Marco in here isn't the same Marco from aot 😭

You walk through the filthy, wretched streets of the underground, passing by emaciated children and other poor souls who have given up and surrendered to rotting on the sidelines. Your long cloak hides the stolen ODM gear at the sides of your hips, which you obtained by robbing one of the filthy MPs that came down here. Due to the lack of sunlight in the underground, some have fallen seriously ill, that's why you do what you do, you run around pickpocketing people, breaking into wealthy homes, stealing what you can and selling it for cash, to water it down, you're a thief, a good one at that, you're extremely cautious with your work to the point that you have multiple routes to get home, plus you've got at least 95% of the layout of the underground memorized.

Your shoulder makes contact with an older guy who reeks of alcohol, you slip your hand into his pocket and manage to steal some cash, "Watch where you're going you filthy whore!" you scoff at the name he's decided to use for you. You slip into a nearby alleyway and shove your hands into your pockets to dig up whatever you've managed to pickpocket for the day.

65 in cash, and- is that? a condom?

You huff in disgust as you quickly wipe your hands on your sides after throwing the condom somewhere to the side, pickpocketing is just something you do to get a little extra money, you rely mostly on selling finds and taking jobs from gangs, and you only take requests from advanced groups, you'd rather not associate yourself with amateurs.

You calmly walk out of the alley to not draw suspicion to yourself and you start to head home, you head down a local street and pass through an abandoned building that you've filled with traps in case someone had been tailing you, this isn't the only building you have set with traps, you've got at least 10 more scattered throughout the city, you don't particularly worry about someone finding the trap-filled houses as you can just set up more.

You pass through a few more buildings and you haul yourself up the side of a wall, so if anyone had been following you, you'd have a clear view of them. After a bit more climbing, and turning, you find yourself in front of your "home," You step in and put the door chain back into place as you lock the 4 other locks on your door and you place the wooden chair back to its original position in front of the door, you laugh to yourself as you realize how overly cautious you are, but with all the people who probably want your head on a stick, its better safe than sorry.

You head into the sorry excuse for a bedroom and open the closet door, you shove past the piles of clothing and shoes to reveal a small opening at the back of the closet that's almost invisible to the naked eye, you delicately place your fingers on the front of the panel of wood and gently push, you crawl through the space and push yourself to your feet and start to make your way through the tunnel that's at least half a mile long, you reach the end of the tunnel and you look up to reveal a hatch that you push open and crawl through to get into your true house if you could call it that. It's located in a pretty secluded area, so you're safe here.

You change into a loose long sleeve and some shorts after stripping your ODM gear off your waist, and you collapse on the surprisingly soft bed with an exhausted groan, you eventually drift off to sleep.

——————-

You wake up the next morning, you run your hands down your face dramatically,

"Fuck..."