Midoriya and Shigaraki

"Sorry to meet you at such a critical time." Yoichi apologized to his nephew. "Well, it was necessary considering what just went down." Daigoro commented.

Deciding to listen in, Izuku sat down on the floor. "Why did you all bring me here? For what reason?"

"Considering how overpowered Tomura Shigaraki became after obtaining All For One and different powers, we believed that we should let you know what should be done with him." Hikage explained.

"This is where we get to the main topic of this situation and don't beat around the bush—" Nana said with a stern tone in her voice as she looked at her. "Izuku, are you able... to kill Tomura Shigaraki?"

Her question took him and Luffy off guard. "I'm not asking you to do it. It's a matter of resolve. When you saw that boy's face, you thought, 'He looks like he's asking for help', didn't you?

We respond to your emotions, so we end up knowing that part, too."

"The problem, kid, is that we didn't see it that way." Daigoro added. "We got that he's suffering from being invaded by All For One. But it didn't look like he was asking for help at all. Even if under those conditions, those eyes didn't hold anything but pure hatred."

"Because that's how he was raised by All For One." Yoichi elaborated. "With his body restrained, my brother probably wanted to take over his physical body and his mind. So that he could get One For All."

"Me and my junior, En—All For One has tried to steal One For All twice so far and failed both times. In order to make One For All surrender, there needs to be strong feeling—strong emotion that surpasses One For All. Feelings that can't be borne by one person alone. He's probably trying to use Shigaraki's strong hatred.

One For All. Its origin is a strong will that refuses to yield to All For One."

"The assumption is that One For All is meant to destroy All For One, through you already know this. It looked like Yagi had accomplished this in the past. But my brother is tenacious, and he is trying to make a comeback." Yoichi summarized.

"Izuku, I don't think it's fair to ask you after telling you that you exhausted your energy. Tomura Shigaraki is my grandson. In order to fight All For One, I left my son... And this is the result." Nana said with a look of guilt on her face. "I know that it's disgraceful for adults who keep failing to make a boy that's a university student settle their score for them... But once he turns completely into an evil monster, no one will be able to stop him. There's no way to forgive or understand him anymore. There are people who are who are irredeemable.

If someone who looks like he's asking to be saved is someone who is irredeemable, do you... have the resolve to stop him, even if you have to kill him?"

Everyone looked and waited for the boy to hear his response. "While I do have the resolve to stop him, I'm not gonna kill him." Izuku answered, taking Nana back while the others were surprised.

"Why not? Don't you understand that if he becomes—"

"Yeah, yeah, I get all of that. But you have to understand why I won't do that." He said before further elaborating. "When I saw all of Luffy's memories of the past, I saw how with all the opponents he faced, he just punched them, defeats them but never killed them, even when they were so evil and irredeemable.

When I asked him, he simply told me that death is the easy way out for them. So he figures that beating them up will shatter their dreams, which is more devastating than death. And I agreed with that.

Overhaul wanted to use Eri's power to bring back the Hassaikai in power, but I smashed them dream of his when I defeated him. Gentle Criminal had the dream of wanting to have his name carved into history with his scheme, but I came in and shattered that dream.